Author Topic: Intro to Chef Magnus  (Read 239 times)

Offline Chef Magnus

Intro to Chef Magnus
« on: July 02, 2013, 06:09:54 AM »
Hi there everyone.

I am a recently retired master chef. I attend the NECI and also have degrees in Aerospace Engr., Management, and a PhD in Forensics from Brown U and Purdue U. I worked for 14 years in kitchens until I was bought out by my partner from our restaurant. I have a anaphylaxis allergy to latex and we both grew tired of battling the health department about materials used in our kitchen. I have also worked on cruise ships and fine dining kitchens in FL and IL. I moved on to a managers position with the State of IL Sec of State office until 9/11/2001 and was transferred to Homeland Security, where retired from in April 2012. 

I love pizza and convinced the executive chef at the hotel that worked for in Kyoto, Japan to put pizzas on the menu. I worked there with a 1.5m wood burning brick oven. On board ship I worked with a 2m oven. And finally in my restaurant we had a 1m oven...

I love Neapolitan style pizza but do branch out into the California style of ingredients on a Neapolitan crust. I am also a huge fan of the Boston area style of bar pies...crownless sauce and cheese to the edge crisp crust pizza that are 10-14" and usually only have 1 or 2 toppings.

Chef

People that work for me say that I am worse than the Soup Nazi on a bad day and my friends say that I am delightfully evil... 

Offline bec

Re: Intro to Chef Magnus
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 11:01:22 AM »
Hi Chef, I'm not stalking you but was intrigued by your posts on the forno site. Wish you well on your renovations and look forward to following your progress. Bruce

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »
Hi Chef,

That's quiet a resume.  You are well qualified for a pizza obsession, including an engineering degree. Also the forensics background can be handy too!  You should be right at home among this group of pizza obsessed people. 

By the way, what do you mean when you say 1M oven, 2M oven. I'm not familiar with that terminology. 

Regards,

TinRoof

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 11:15:17 AM »
Welcome Chef.  Quite a resume there.  We love pizza and food here.   You will find that there are members here who can be quite critical when it comes to pizza and food.  So if you are up to the challenge, since you are chef and all, please post up some pictures of your work.  Perhaps you can show us a thing or two. 

Chau

pizzapan