Author Topic: Found 1/2" Steel in Central IL  (Read 609 times)

Offline Chef Magnus

Found 1/2" Steel in Central IL
« on: July 02, 2013, 06:25:11 AM »
I go this morning to pick up two pieces of 1/2" A36 carbon steel that I had cut to 14.5 x 21.  They are going to sand blast and orbital sand the top surface of the plates. I had to get 2 plates and the sanding to get to the shop minimum of $100. One plate with labor for cutting and sandblasting was going to $41 plus tax the sanding brought it up to $51.23 including tax. So I got two. I don't know if I will put both in one oven or put one in each of my double and run the broiler on each but don't know if I could monitor two pizzas with a sub 4 minute cooking time. I know that could not make them that fast. What about stacking them for more thermal mass or would alternating ovens to give the other one time to reheat work best?

I found the plates at
Pro-Fab
Morton, IL

Chef

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Found 1/2" Steel in Central IL
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 01:33:28 PM »
I think you could play around with things like having a top plate and a bottom plate, or also having 2 hot and ready to go using two ovens, but I wouldn't stack them.

Offline Chef Magnus

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:55:55 PM »
Hey everyone,
I picked up the steel and it is perfect...

Chef

Offline Chef Magnus

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »
I am going to try this arrangement tonight. The weight of the steel surprised me so I left the tiles in place...

Chef

pizzapan