Author Topic: First pizza Bianca  (Read 666 times)

Offline Camaro10

• I Love Pizza!
First pizza Bianca
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:59:38 PM »
Took the plunge, came out awesome.
Opened the skin laid a spread that consisted of EVOO infused with garlic and sea Salt. After that added about 6-8 clumps of serrento whole milk ricotta and topped the entire pie with whole milk grande. Then I baked on my stone on the bottom rack 515 for about 7 min.

It came out really tasty and the crust was nice and flakey from the oil spread. Some corrections I will make on my next one.

1. Less oil, since I was using an oil spread plus the whole milk grande I got quite a bit of oil run off.
2. I will bump my salt content up a little. Since there is no red sauce which is the saltiest compenent of most of our pies I didn't realize I would need to add more salt.
3. I will apply the ricotta in small sizes. I may even try using a pastry bag and makes quarter size drops through the pie to make it more uniform.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: First pizza Bianca
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
Camaro10,

You are coming along nicely with your pizzas. If you are not careful, you will become addicted to pizza making. Hopefully, you won't have to enter the pizzamaking.com treatment center and half-way house where you will be treated until it is safe to release you to society again.

Peter

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 08:09:01 PM »
Camaro, nice looking pie!  I'll take a slice, no make that two.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:52:18 PM »
Camaro10,

You are coming along nicely with your pizzas. If you are not careful, you will become addicted to pizza making. Hopefully, you won't have to enter the pizzamaking.com treatment center and half-way house where you will be treated until it is safe to release you to society again.

Peter
Insanity is fun..... :)   Keep on keeping on with your beautiful pizza's Gin!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan