Author Topic: Neapolitan Style Pizza with two 1/2" steel Plates  (Read 598 times)

Offline Chef Magnus

Neapolitan Style Pizza with two 1/2" steel Plates
« on: July 02, 2013, 11:05:46 PM »
We got our bargain 1/2" steel plates today. $103.00 for two 14-1/2" x 22=1/2" plates that were sandblasted and surface sanded. I put them in the oven with the tiles that I had in the oven before. It took 3 hours for the plates to reach 550F and another 10=15 minutes of broiler to get to 635F.

I made a 63% "00" dough and had it ferment for 60 hours. The sauce was san marzano tomatoes that I grew last summer and canned with a couple of basil leaves. I used a mix of whole milk mozz and buffalo milk fresh mozz. the other toppings where Ling. Black Olive paste, portobellos, artichoke hearts, homemade annice sausage, and pepperoni. The crust came out so crisp that it supported itself and all the toppings. I found that I needed some time between pies for the the steel plate to recover its' heat...I attached pics of bottom crusts...

The evening started out badly with the first pie failing to launch so badly that it became a calzone...

Chef

pizzapan