Author Topic: selling pizza from home kitchen  (Read 2819 times)

Offline EqualSliceGuy

• Lifetime Member
  • MMMM Pizza You Bet!
    • Portion PadL
Re: selling pizza from home kitchen
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2014, 09:51:29 AM »
Terry,

Having an insurance background prior to the pizza business, I think you will seriously need to check your homeowners or tenants
personal insurance coverage. With most dwelling policies, there is an exclusion for business being conducted in the house and on the premesis. This would exclude coverage for the structure of the building and liability, in the event someone else were injured.

Most policies will allow for incidental business use, like using a business laptop at home, away from the primary pizza business.
If I recall, the policy will set a small limit of gross revenue to set the line of demarcation between defining incidental business and
full business use. The coverage definitions between US and Canada will be very similar.

I suggest inquiring with your insurance agent as to the coverage complications. The additional cost for insurance coverage could greatly reduce your profits. Not having the right insurance coverage, could financially ruin you.
Greg Getzinger

Offline terryfisher09

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2014, 10:14:44 PM »

Definitely, I will take insurance into account, thanks Equalsliceguy.

Terry,

Having an insurance background prior to the pizza business, I think you will seriously need to check your homeowners or tenants

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2014, 10:33:39 PM »
9 months later, jus now talking about ins. and folks are still weighing in with advice....now this is good ol fashion entertainment....god i love this thread!!  :)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline EqualSliceGuy

• Lifetime Member
  • MMMM Pizza You Bet!
    • Portion PadL
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »
9 months later, jus now talking about ins. and folks are still weighing in with advice....now this is good ol fashion entertainment....god i love this thread!!  :)

Just saw the thread and thought I'd offer some sound advice. Better to offer a suggestion 9 months later than after a fire happens and there's no coverage.... Chicago Bob
Greg Getzinger

pizzapan