Author Topic: Bakes out of my kitchen oven til blackstone arrives!  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Richieredeyes

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Bakes out of my kitchen oven til blackstone arrives!
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2015, 10:43:35 PM »
Your pies look great"

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 08:49:45 AM »
First pie with ischia starter is a success. Used Craig's formula

Nice.
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 07:19:36 AM »
It's been a long week. I started working at a new pizzeria and had to hear up with their opening. My wife and I had to eat all this pizza before they over fermented. I also started making my own cheese cause it's more cost effective

I made a Bianca
Roni
And a For Better or Wors pie- Boerewors Sausage, red onions, corn, mootz

Enjoy
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline woodmakesitgood

• You gots to cook it strong!
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2015, 10:00:02 PM »
hey obsauced, nice pies...I got some dough bubbles in the blackstone today too.
I poked a couple of them, but they would not be stopped (long CF, wet dough).

I considered turning down the heat to prevent the bubbles from scorching, but thought that might result in the rest of the top being undercooked.
Did you try any tricks, or just let it be?
Charles

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2015, 05:06:29 PM »
hey obsauced, nice pies...I got some dough bubbles in the blackstone today too.
I poked a couple of them, but they would not be stopped (long CF, wet dough).

I considered turning down the heat to prevent the bubbles from scorching, but thought that might result in the rest of the top being undercooked.
Did you try any tricks, or just let it be?

I just let it be. Bubbles to me are flavor traps. It's also due to the stretch though. That Bianca had a hole where that bubble was. I love little imperfections like that
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2015, 07:12:04 PM »
What oven are you baking these in?

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »
@craig these are all on my blackstone. Stone temp around 800 or so 90 second bake. It makes a nice heater in this 10 degree weather
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline woodmakesitgood

• You gots to cook it strong!
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2015, 07:33:36 PM »
I just let it be. Bubbles to me are flavor traps. It's also due to the stretch though. That Bianca had a hole where that bubble was. I love little imperfections like that

Cool, thanks.
Charles

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2015, 08:54:37 PM »
Been super busy at my restaurant job, dough has been getting consistent, now i'm back to my own adventures and I have good news:

GEARING UP TOWARDS THE POP UP!!!

Warm weather is finally coming back to NY
I'm scrambling with the finishing touches of my dough and my menu

I have two:
Turnup The Beet- Honey and Ginger infused pickled Beets, Zucchini, Goat Cheese, Sicilian Olive Oil

Pepperoni with Mike's Hot Honey

This is all cooked on my blackstone, 24 bulk/24 balled, room temp around 64F

enjoy
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 09:38:47 AM »
So last night I did a tasting for a few friends before I do a full fledged pop up next month

The first one is Rose's Pistachio Mustachio which is my tribute to Pizzeria Bianco's Rosa Pie: Red Onions, Sweet Sausage, Rosemary, Pistachio and Housemade mootz

The Second one is Duja Love Anise: 'Nduja, Fennel, Fennel fronds (which i foolishly missed), Candied Tangerines, Housemade Mootz

The third one is the Obsauced which is my tribute to L&B's Square Neapolitan style: Housemade Mootz, Plum Tomatoes, Parmesan Reggiano and Sicilian Oregano

The fourth one is the wife's favorite Fran and Artie (kinda my tribute to Artichoke's Artichoke Pie): Creamed Spinach, Housemade Mootz and Marinated Artichokes

The fifth one is Where's the Leek: Plum Tomatoes, Housemade mootz, Sliced Leeks and Shiitake Mushrooms

and lastly is Sweet Cheeks: Plum Tomatoes, Housemade mootz, Pineapple and guanciale

also is my menu and pricing and a bit about myself and how I am involved in the whole pizza subculture.

i would love to hear everyone's thoughts and concerns because now I am in this in the long run

instagram.com/obsauced

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 10:19:33 AM »
Wow. I din't realize you were this serious. I wish I could taste your pizza. It looks great. I've had variants of pretty much all of the pies, but "Nduja, Fennel, Fennel fronds (which i foolishly missed), Candied Tangerines, Housemade Mootz" never in a million years would I have thought of that one. Very cool.

I don't see the rosemary on the Rosa. Did you chop it? I only ask because Bianco was insistent that it should not be chopped.

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 10:45:43 AM »
Wow. I din't realize you were this serious. I wish I could taste your pizza. It looks great. I've had variants of pretty much all of the pies, but "Nduja, Fennel, Fennel fronds (which i foolishly missed), Candied Tangerines, Housemade Mootz" never in a million years would I have thought of that one. Very cool.

I don't see the rosemary on the Rosa. Did you chop it? I only ask because Bianco was insistent that it should not be chopped.

I chopped it for balance reasons. i kept it whole under Bianco's statement in the past but I felt (and others too) that the rosemary overpowered the pie. maybe it was my heavy hands.

in the beginning i never thought i would want to run a place. but as time passes and I see myself leaving work every four months it's apparent that I should really jump with both feet in. If I could do it now I would but I feel like I need more security or maybe it's just my quarter life crisis kicking in :-D :-D :-D
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2015, 08:08:50 PM »
Been gone for a bit. Left my past restaurant gif to work at this awesome new spot in the city. I have some creative freedom for specials that I'm excited to share.

This pie is smoked golden beets, Sopresatta and ricotta cooked with a Marra Forni
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2015, 10:21:24 PM »
That may be the most visually stunning pie I've ever seen!

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2015, 06:47:44 AM »
That may be the most visually stunning pie I've ever seen!

Thank you it means a lot coming from you!
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2015, 10:44:02 PM »
Brother, at your age you are gifted with a touch!! From the first pizza on thi thread to the last, you have morphed from very good to outstanding with some of the nicest pies on this site as Craig has said. Equal to his own and Dylan's.   And the ballance of unique toppings are VERY COOL. Hang on to your passion, nothing but open doors for you at this rate. Keep us posted as you move up the food chain!!!!

jon
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 03:29:46 AM »
Brother, at your age you are gifted with a touch!! From the first pizza on thi thread to the last, you have morphed from very good to outstanding with some of the nicest pies on this site as Craig has said. Equal to his own and Dylan's.   And the ballance of unique toppings are VERY COOL. Hang on to your passion, nothing but open doors for you at this rate. Keep us posted as you move up the food chain!!!!

jon

Jon thank you for the encouraging words. I started my journey two years ago and didn't get serious til this time last year. I had some many great teachers along the way with Adam Jones from Paulie Gees, all the peeps from Robertas, Angelo Romano (the head chef I'm working closely with to develop my flavors with at Rocky Slims), The whole board. I've been a ghost follower for quite some time and all I wanted for my pizzas to look as perfect as the ones I look at on this board. Honestly without this board I wouldn't have known about the blackstone or culture prediction to come out with a consistent product day In and day out.

I love uniqueness in flavor. I'm a risk taker. There's too many people making pizza and somehow you need to break the mold

This turned out to be the special; smoked golden beets, mootz, gorgonzola and ramps
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 03:42:02 AM »
Man I want a bite of that. If you're ever in the Twin Cities area in MN let me know!!! I think we could do some damage to each other :-D

jon
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2015, 06:16:44 AM »
awesome!

Deb

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 06:22:37 AM »
The pies spectacular... the menu, brilliant

Offline Pie Charles

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2015, 05:28:11 PM »
Keep it up Obsauced.......Very inspiring!

pizzapan