Some challenges this weekend and one big discovery. I've been using tupperware containers for my dough balls that measure around 4 inches across. Switched to some that are 6 inches across as per Craig's advice. What a difference. Way easier to open the dough up when you are starting with a flat disk. Easily hit 13 inches where I was fighting hard before to get up to 12 - and usually more like 11...
Now the bad. My blackstone wasn't turning last weekend - and the motor burned out. I figured I needed a better rotisserie motor and had one kicking around the house so I brought it up. Fired it up, turning OK, went inside to let it heat up and it seized up while I was inside prepping dinner. Another motor shot:-(
Took it apart and really looked at it. It was binding where the vertical rod passes though the body. I got my dremel out to clean it up (some rust but definitely some scoring where I manually reefed on the platter to turn it. Dremel chuck was also seized (I'm having a bad day at this point:-) so I used emery paper and sanded and sanded and sanded. Fired it up and now it seems to be back on track. I'll grab a new dremel this week and finish cleaning out the body.
I really need it to work this weekend because I'm having 12 people over for my first big pizza party/new deck warming. More than a bit nervous as it is - add the misbehaving Blackstone and I sense some challenges ahead.
61/2.8/2.0 SD 24/24 at 60ish. Casalungo, jalepeno, mozzarella. Biggest pizza in a long, long time - bit uneven because I had to fight to turn the platter
61/2.8/2.0SD 24/24 at 60 plus 24 in the fridge - bit harder to open up - another spring onion, grape tomato, fior di latte, olive oil. I'm really loving that one.