Author Topic: The Blackstone Challenge  (Read 18306 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: The Blackstone Challenge
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2013, 05:25:04 PM »
i hate pm.com, i makes me buy ovens  :D

LOL!  Who's next?  Craig where are you?  >:D

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2013, 05:27:26 PM »

Larry,

Lol!  :-D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline zymurgymaster

• A.lpha S.ausage S.upreme
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2013, 05:37:42 PM »
The more the better.... Love the ideas/mods and those that have WFO can only increase the knowledge...

Offline dhorst

« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2013, 05:38:43 PM »
:-D It made me buy a plane ticket to Houston--best time of my life though.  I am contemplating the Black Stone--just not sure how much the OH will tolerate.

Offline scott123

« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2013, 05:57:49 PM »
I am contemplating the Black Stone--just not sure how much the OH will tolerate.

OHs aren't too difficult to sell.  Start off by asking for a $5-10K WFO and then let them think they've won by compromising with a BS.

Edit: Your OH will be joining you in NH, right? If you bring up the WFO now, we can subtly bring up the BS on Wednesday >:D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 05:59:49 PM by scott123 »

Offline dhorst

« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2013, 06:03:08 PM »
OHs aren't too difficult to sell.  Start off by asking for a $5-10K WFO and then let them think they've won by compromising with a BS.
Well, I been asking for a WFO for quite some time now--5 years +.  Just when he gives in, he changes his mind.  Such a tease.  The BS may be the way to go.  Umm, good vibrations regarding that in New Haven to help sway it my way? :-D
Oh, and an update, I'm now getting things about a personal video at the top of my screen.  Time to debug the computer and question the teenagers.

Offline scott123

« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2013, 06:26:25 PM »
Well, I been asking for a WFO for quite some time now--5 years +.  Just when he gives in, he changes his mind.  Such a tease.  The BS may be the way to go.

Well, I think we're at a point, now, where the BS might actually qualify, on the pizza side, as a substitute for a WFO.  But, with your breadmaking aspirations, you're going to need both, which could be a tough sell. You could frame the BS as a perfect WFO substitute, and, then, once you get it, 'figure out' that the BS can't do bread and resume your WFO quest  >:D

Offline dhorst

« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2013, 06:35:36 PM »
Well, I think we're at a point, now, where the BS might actually qualify, on the pizza side, as a substitute for a WFO.  But, with your breadmaking aspirations, you're going to need both, which could be a tough sell. You could frame the BS as a perfect WFO substitute, and, then, once you get it, 'figure out' that the BS can't do bread and resume your WFO quest  >:D
Well, I guess the BS could become my "on the road" deal if it comes apart and reassembles easily enough.  Yup, that's me on the side of the road at a rest stop making pizza.  Hey, I know a guy from Thailand who travels with a rice cooker, because his mom has to have KFC and jasmine rice when on the road.  So maybe it wouldn't be so strange. :-D
The WFO will have to be mobile for the moment...I'd like to move and then have it as a part of my new home.  Syracuse winters can be harsh, so I'd like to incorporate it right into my new place.  If that happens...

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »
Diana,

Best of lucking in getting a BS!  ;D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
Sorry Larry , I feel personally respoonsible for your excessive spending on ovens and ....  I sent you those pictures and raved about it  ??? well I will stand behind it. But as I said, its as close to the real deal  for $369 bucks you can get! You will love it we expect pictures bysunday please :) fill the tank !  being you posted here in the Challange thread (not one of the other 4  :-D) Does that should be be ecpecting an entry here for the craig pie ??
good luck!  it aint that good  ;)
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline dhorst

« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2013, 07:01:10 PM »
Anyone thought of the double entendre here?  The BS looks like it's not actually BS. :D  Yeah, yeah, I'm a goof ball.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2013, 07:04:41 PM »
"I hate PM.COM because" that would be a cool thread to start  :-D

well because all I wanted to do was make a decent wfo pizza few years back  and now I have a full blown mobile business that occupies a few hour  a week for sure   :chef:
  I drive all over to NYC and now NH to eat pizza ?    really?  :pizza:

Diane,
 shall I bring some pics of the outdoor kitchen and how fun a built in WFO is for everyone ??
John
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:07:08 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline redox

« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2013, 07:18:30 PM »
Anyone thought of the double entendre here?  The BS looks like it's not actually BS. :D  Yeah, yeah, I'm a goof ball.
I was gonna start a "No BS, BS" thread but thought better of it. That might've been my first time.  :-D

Offline dhorst

« Reply #193 on: August 09, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »
I was gonna start a "No BS, BS" thread but thought better of it. That might've been my first time.  :-D
Well, I might say great minds think alike, but in this case??  Umm, yeah.  Too much time  at home with the teenagers this summer.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2013, 09:00:59 PM »
last week my wife said it is me or your privevera 70. when she tried to get into bed there was a 55 pound bag of caputo lying where she use to lie. :-D now you know I'm just kidding she is my best sales person for both styles of pizza.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2013, 09:08:19 PM »
Larry your pies keep looking better and better.  Now if you are submitting those for the challenge, then I would have to say that you just won!  :drool:

Btw, I see where your daughter gets her good looks from and you can tell them both I said that!

Chau

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
 chau, those pies are from the oven i bought from you. you home wrecker  :-D

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2013, 09:41:41 PM »
Larry I just call 'em like I see 'em.   ;)

Doh!  Now I can't blame it on my FB oven!  I need to get back to working on that dough!   :-[

Chau
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:48:02 PM by Jackie Tran »

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2013, 02:00:37 AM »
On the subject of old flour:  instead of throwing it away, see if you can locate a local hash run group.  They use flour to mark the trails for their runs.  That's what I do with my old flour. 

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2013, 02:09:43 AM »
On the subject of old flour:  instead of throwing it away, see if you can locate a local hash run group.  They use flour to mark the trails for their runs.  That's what I do with my old flour.
"hash run group"  ???  Hmmm, I would have thought they marked their trail with cookies to find the way back.  :)
But yours is a good idea Robyn.  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan