Author Topic: L'Artigiano Pizza Truck is FOR SALE!!!!  (Read 7230 times)

Offline LArtigiano

• Vivere per fare le pizze
    • L'Artigiano Vera Pizza
L'Artigiano Pizza Truck is FOR SALE!!!!
« on: July 06, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »
Hello I am selling my Pizza Napoletana Wood Fired Pizzeria on wheels! This is the ONLY Pizza Napoletana truck in America that is fully certifiable by the VPN Association (Vera Pizza Napoletana). This truck has received countless local media attention due to its unique attributes.

This is a 100% custom job that took over a year to build! The oven on board was shipped from Naples, Italy from the world renown oven maker Stefano Ferrara. The suspension of the truck was reinforced to carry the 2 ton oven!
From conception, the truck was designed to be a commercial kitchen first with it being built from stainless steel, FRP, and diamond plate, every piece of equipment is NSF approved. Attention to work flow was important and our gained 20+ years of combined restaurant experience we designed the truck so that the the orders come in one window and pizza,sandwiches, and specials come out the other. With a crew of 3 experienced pizza makers you could do 120 pizza's an hour. We maximized the length of time the truck could be on the road by installing a HUGE water tank, which supplies enough water to run for 3 days straight without refilling (40 gallons).

The truck its self is a tank, built of heavy steel and virtually bulletproof is is a 1989 Chevy P30 Step Van, it has 160k miles and will run for 500k before needing engine or transmission work, according to our maintenance crew. We have built in redundant systems to keep the truck running such as, way more refrigeration than necessary (1 Prep cooler / 1 Dough Cooler). A new home generator on the side of the truck provides more than enough power to run everything, a trickle charger and quick charger to keep the batteries fully cranking, and every piece of cooking equipment needed to run this high capacity kitchen on wheels.
This is a turn key operation and true food truck. This truck has unlimited potential! Good luck!

Some features:
~Stefano Ferrara Wood Oven (Naples, Italy)
~Instant Hot water Heater
~Ability to plug into land power
~Custom 3 compartment sink with hand sink
~New Yamaha 6600 Home Generator
~2 Air Condition Units
~NSF Delfield fridges with marble and granite tops
~Totally rebuilt engine
~NSF approved kitchen & equipment
~Hidden water tank
~4 New Tires
~Dry Erase Menu
~Various pizza making equipment

This truck is one of a kind. We will help with the arrangement of shipping.

Any questions feel free to call Shon 702 3019463

Asking $70,000

Offline csafranek

Re: L'Artigiano Pizza Truck is FOR SALE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 09:39:28 PM »
Wow! Why are you selling?

scott123

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »
Ever since John brought this truck to our attention earlier this year

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,24606.0.html

I was wondering about the position of the oven.  Maybe it's just me, but, when working with a peel, I feel more comfortable with my dominant (right) hand back, and my non dominant hand (left) closer to the blade.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but if I want to tend the oven with my right hand back, I'd have to stand closer to the window, which looks like it's obstructed.

Is it normal to feel more comfortable with your dominant hand back, and, if so, could the oven position on this truck be better geared towards a left handed oven guy?

Offline csafranek

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 10:38:50 PM »
"Is it normal to feel more comfortable with your dominant hand back, and, if so, could the oven position on this truck be better geared towards a left handed oven guy?"

My thoughts exactly. Must be turned so people can watch?

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 10:44:30 PM »

Is it normal to feel more comfortable with your dominant hand back, and, if so, could the oven position on this truck be better geared towards a left handed oven guy?

Ya I would say anyone who has played pool would naturally want their dominant hand back.

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
Looks like that would work fine for right handers - fire on the right, pizzas on the left.

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »
Ya I would say anyone who has played pool would naturally want their dominant hand back.

Billiards is the only thing I do left-handed. My dad won a pool table when I was 5. I didn't know I was doing it that left-handed until I was in my thirties. Some dude asked me in a bar if I was left-handed. I said no. He told me I was shooting left-handed. It was a surprise to me. It just felt natural to hold the cue that way.

I just realized that I launch a pizza right handed, but go lefty with the turning peel...Cool.
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

scott123

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »
Looks like that would work fine for right handers - fire on the right, pizzas on the left.

Bill, don't you use a peel for tending the fire? 

Even if one made the decision to tend the fire left handed, it still feels cramped to me.  Think about it- a person with a peel forms an L shape.  A larger person (such as myself ;) ) forms a bigger L, as does someone who likes to hold the peel away away from their body a bit. Perhaps a thin person who holds the peel close to their body might be comfortable, but, imo, a workspace shouldn't be limited to particular body types or peel handling preferences.

Edit: And what about people that prefer their fires on the left?  I haven't tended an oven enough to develop much of a preference, but don't most people develop a preference over time?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:05:20 PM by scott123 »

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 10:10:16 PM »
You're probably right.  I like the fire on the right and pies on the left. It flows from the table which is to the right of the oven in my case. If I was setting up that tight space I think I would have turned the opening a little more toward the table. Probably not perpendicular but maybe halfway from where it is now.  Tending the fire wouldn't be a problem but peel in, turning and peel out might not be perfect.
That said, These guys probably have a good handle on these things. That's an amazing truck for sure.
Bill

Offline LArtigiano

• L'Artigiano Vera Pizza
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 10:30:13 PM »
The oven was turned slightly to the left so the fire would be seen from the outside.  >:D  Works great we have had both left handed and right handed master Pizzaiolo's work the truck and they all love it!

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 10:32:46 PM »
Wonder what the original build cost was on that beast.....it is a very nice unit.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »
How big is the oven? 

Scott D.

Offline LArtigiano

• L'Artigiano Vera Pizza
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 11:53:03 PM »
Thank you. The oven is a Stefano Ferrara 90! :pizza:

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 11:12:42 AM »
Wow! Why are you selling?

Yeah,

That's what I'm wondering as well!

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline derricktung

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 11:37:41 AM »
Hmm.. hate to do this to original poster, but in the fairness of open information and sharing with forum members, here's a post from the owner in June 2013:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f16/fire-oven-not-hottest-can-19540.html

"I'm having few issues with the Stefano Ferrara 90 oven that is inside my pizza truck.

It Seems like it has a ventilation problem, the wood doesnt catch on fire and doesnt create a nice flame. Stefano suggested to increase the length of the flue of 20cm, so now it's probably 4 feet long from the inside of the truck. I know that you have an outside oven so I was wondering if you knew anything about it. If you would ask for a professional opinion who would you ask? I contacted Stefano but he hasn't got back to me. We are in a hurry to fix this matter since more events are coming up soon and it's awful working in those conditions. Even the floor seems not to get hot.
Anything u might think is appreciated"

Offline csafranek

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 11:40:14 AM »
Great info Derrick!

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 12:03:32 PM »
Great info Derrick!

I'd have to agree --- that type of info would be critical to anyone thinking of purchasing. But also, I would think that any SF oven could be made to work PERFECTLY with a few minor adjustments, right?

So I don't think that Derrick should feel bad about posting this at all! A forthright discussion of any modifications done to resolve the oven "issues" (from the seller) would really add to the discussion, and might lead to others (here) chiming in with a solution if one has not already been arrived at.

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 12:43:29 PM »
$70,000 seems like a very good price for this truck, considering the quality of the oven and the custom build. 

Offline derricktung

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 12:52:18 PM »
$70,000 seems like a very good price for this truck, considering the quality of the oven and the custom build.

I'd have to agree.  I think pricing is reasonable, but that's assuming you can get the oven to heat up properly.  It sounds more like user error than oven error in terms of the log not lighting...

Perhaps he just needs a better method to start his fire?  Assuming the airflow is fine, it probably is just a matter of knowing how to light and maintain the fire correctly?

Offline LArtigiano

• L'Artigiano Vera Pizza
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 01:12:58 PM »
We solved the issue. The problem was we had installed a fan at the top of a very short flue. After meeting with Stefano we changed the length of the flue and since then the oven works perfectly.  :chef: