Author Topic: Tomatoes  (Read 1540 times)

Offline delicreep

Tomatoes
« on: February 10, 2006, 05:23:14 PM »
This is really for anyone who lives in the SF Bay Area, specifically the East Bay.

I'm looking for a market that stocks 6 in 1 brand tomatoes.

I apologize if this has been covered before, but a 6 in 1 search would be disastrous considering how often that phrase has popped up in even a cursory read of this forum.

Thanks for any help.
We are not sick men.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 06:39:33 PM »
delicreep,

I understand that Molinari Deli on Columbus Ave in SF sells the 6-in-1s. Since the 6-in-1s are a California tomato sold by Escalon, a California company, I would think that it they would be fairly widely available in your area. If not, they can be bought online from Escalon by going to escalon.net. Their shipping charges are reasonable so it may be cheaper to buy from them directly than from local merchants.

Another possibility is to call Italfoods (650-877-0724) in SF. They carry the 6-in-1s but unfortunately they don't sell to individuals. But they should be able to tell you where to find them locally.

Maybe one of out SF-area members or one of out tomato experts can offer some assistance.

Peter
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 06:50:16 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Tomatoes
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 04:53:49 AM »
You may have a place closer to where you live, but I know the Genova in Walnut Creek has the 6 in 1's as well as many other amazing tomato products you would want to try.  They also have an excellent olive oil there that is not that expensive.  Collucio.  This place is a pizza makers dream store.  Imported and domestic Italian meats, buffalo mozzarella, as well as cows milk fresh mozzarella, tons of imported provalone/romano/parmesan variety's.   I think they may have the best collection of tomatoes I have ever seen under one roof before.  They even had San Marzano's in glass.

(925) 939-3838 This number is for one of the two walnut creek locations.

They also have a location in Oakland I think.