Author Topic: Garvey...Garvey...Garvey  (Read 1061 times)

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Garvey...Garvey...Garvey
« on: July 08, 2013, 08:51:12 PM »
Lets see some more of your awesome pies sir.  It's been awhile.  LOL
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
Re: Garvey...Garvey...Garvey
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 01:35:54 PM »
Haha--wish I could oblige.  I haven't made pizza in several weeks but have eaten plenty.  I was in Evanston for work recently and had the pleasure to dine at Marie's on W. Lawrence: fantastic!  And I also went to Pat's in Lincoln Park: yowza!  That is a great pie.  If you haven't been, you need to get there.  It is very much in the same style as Vito and Nick's but infinitely better.  What annoys me about V&N's is how sloppily cared for the pies are.  There is always burnt cheese, carbon, etc., on the bottom of their pies, which blows out all other flavors.  Pat's has a very interesting dough protocol, which yields ultrathin, flaky, crispy results.  Everything else on it was great, too.  I highly recommend it (and no longer feel a need to ever return to V&N unless dragged there by others).  I know that's heresy around here, but them's the truth.

Cheers,
Garvey

Offline BTB

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 09:49:11 AM »
Garvey, glad to hear that you are getting around to the other limits of great Chicago pizza paradises.  Suggest you carry a camera when visiting these great places, but I can help here a little.  The first two pictures below are from Marie's great, great thin crust pizza.  The second two are from the great Pat's pizzeria on Lincoln Ave. (near Lou Malnati's down the street). From my recent visits there, I thoroughly enjoyed these great traditional style Chicago thin crust pizzas (as opposed to the non-Chicago types of "artisan" or "modern Neapolitan" styles pizzas that have "invaded" Chicago and every major U.S. metropolitan areas of the country).   These pizzas - as well as others - are what made Chicago thin crust pizzas famous.
                                                                                    --BTB                 ^^^                                                 

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 04:39:55 PM »
Thanks for posting those, BTB.  Great pix and great memories.  I'd put Pat's and Marie's at the top of any must-do pizza tour of Chicago thin joints.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:12:28 PM »
Both of those sausage pies look top shelf....thanks BTB.  8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"