Author Topic: Trying to make Stracchino Cheese  (Read 3959 times)

Offline synaesthesia

• Good food tastes better with a good hot sauce!
Re: Trying to make Stracchino Cheese
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2013, 10:27:41 AM »
Hi Norma

Actually checking all the italian recipes on the various videos I've found on Stracchino making  I think used more cream than anyone did. I'll scale back next attempt .....

My brother gave us a 'thermal cooker' which is pot that you cook stuff in at the temperature  you want and then you insert it into a vacuum chamber basically, so the food cooks on its own heated temp like a slow cooker except there is no external heat source. I'll use that next time as it will keep the milk at 35- 40 deg C longer for a better yield of curd. I'll try the cheese on regular pizza this weekend (if the weather is good, we are now in the Australian winter and here in GC it rains and rains, usually cyclonic rains till it floods.....)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Trying to make Stracchino Cheese
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2013, 11:28:31 AM »
Hi Norma

Actually checking all the italian recipes on the various videos I've found on Stracchino making  I think used more cream than anyone did. I'll scale back next attempt .....

My brother gave us a 'thermal cooker' which is pot that you cook stuff in at the temperature  you want and then you insert it into a vacuum chamber basically, so the food cooks on its own heated temp like a slow cooker except there is no external heat source. I'll use that next time as it will keep the milk at 35- 40 deg C longer for a better yield of curd. I'll try the cheese on regular pizza this weekend (if the weather is good, we are now in the Australian winter and here in GC it rains and rains, usually cyclonic rains till it floods.....)

synaesthesia,

Interesting you used more cream than anyone did.  The thermal cooker sounds interesting.  I don't think I have ever heard of a thermal cooker before.  Looking forward to you trying your cheese on a regular pizza this weekend if the weather is good.  It sounds like you get loads of rain in the winter.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan