Author Topic: Freezing fresh pack tomatoes??  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Hobbs

Freezing fresh pack tomatoes??
« on: July 27, 2013, 10:47:15 PM »
I came across a killer bargain for a lot of Tomato Magic #10 cans. I want to jump on it but I know when I have left over fresh pack tomatoes...they really degrade overnight in the fridge...they totally lose that bright, fresh flavor. I have seen a few suggestions for freezing..but nothing that developed any substantial discourse about it.

Can anybody lay testimony to the merits of freezing fresh pack tomatoes?

Offline Jackitup

• Supporting Member
Re: Freezing fresh pack tomatoes??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 02:40:01 AM »
1 quart ziplock freezer bags, about 2 cups per bag works for me, they will hold about 4 cups. Jiggle and just before you zip shut sqeeze that last air bubble out. Date with month and year and freeze flat, Good for a year+. Chau (Jackie Tran) compared doing this vs canning a couple years ago, and freezing right out of the can was his preference too as I remember. I've been doing this for years finding it the easiest and best to preserve the fresh flavor.,11161.0.html

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Hobbs

Re: Freezing fresh pack tomatoes??
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 03:14:20 AM »
Hey, thanks a lot Jack...that def helped.  BTW I see I posted this in the wrong forum. My apologies to the mods and all