Author Topic: Lets Make Some Pizza  (Read 152 times)

Offline skarecrow31

• I Love Pizza!
Lets Make Some Pizza
« on: July 10, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »
Hi All, Came across this site when I was researching Pizza Ovens. I cook Pizza's at least one night a week for the family, would do more if I could. I just ordered the Blackstone Pizza oven and interested in learning how to make my own doughs. I am sure home made is much better than the local grocery store's brand. Originally from CA relocated to MA and the only decent pizza I can find are the ones I make :(. Looking forward to getting the new oven and trying some NY style recipes.

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Lets Make Some Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:48:40 PM »
I'm curious, how did you hear about the blackstone?

Offline skarecrow31

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:20:42 PM »
I google searched outdoor pizza ovens and it came up as an option I could afford. I started reading the reviews which were pretty good, Ran another search and came across a thread on this site with loads of information. By the time I read through the posts and got super excited the site I was buying from had sold out, Griddle Guro. I was like damn I knew I should have got it. Started searching again and couldn't find it for less than $500. I decided to email Griddle Guru to see if they where going to restock and the next morning they had more available so I jumped on one. Can't wait for it to arrive. I just need a good dough recipe that I hopefully won't screw up. Tons of info here so I think I'll hang around for a while.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 08:54:17 PM »
Oh neat. I was just curious because I know a lot of the people who purchased one because of the that long thread. I just wanted to see how other people found it.

pizzapan