Author Topic: Bread lol to Me  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
Bread lol to Me
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »
Ive been working on this bread thing for almost 2 weeks now and below is summary of what Ive done. The first is 60%KAAPF, 40%KAWWF over night. The second is 90%KAAPF, and 10%KAWWF whole wheat same day. And the third is 80%KAAPF, 13% Red Mill Almond Flour, 7%KAWWF same day. And ironically those go in order from good to best. Finally got my Proofing Baskets today so now im ready to spread my wings a bit and soon and try a Poolish White.

Offline dhorst

Re: Bread lol to Me
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:42:38 AM »
Very nice!

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 10:09:44 AM »
Looking good Markus! Can't wait to see some loaves made in the proofing baskets. 

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 11:23:35 PM »
I used a 12 hour preferment with these two. I could tell I slight difference between these and the none preferments of my last breads, but Im far from perfecting on what I would think of as "great" bread. Im going to start using a heavier duty foil half thru the back to help stop the burning of the bottom of the loafs. But my bread still seems a bit chewy/gummy. Can anyone give me advice with this?? I bake in a dutch oven on 425 for 30 mins lid on and 15 to 25 with lid off. Oh, and these are both with KAAPF with one pushed in during proofing with a wooden dowel for looks. Oh, and to dhorst, and tin roof, thanks for the reply, any help with this would be great!

Offline patnx2

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 03:19:40 AM »
Maybe I missed it but what is the hydration? Oven position?
I usually bake my d o breads on middle shelf at 500f.
Your bread looks good to me. Patrick
Patrick

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 11:43:13 AM »
Patnx2,

Thanks for the comment, the hydration on these two are 75% with the 50%poolish, baked on the middle rack. The dutch ovens are pre heated in the oven as well for 20-30mins. Not sure if this contributing to the burnt bottoms, I think Im doing this for good oven spring though? not sure.

Offline patnx2

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 12:39:35 AM »
My first bread was a no knead and got me hooked. I've since became a SD bread baker. When using the dutch oven I leave covered for closer to 30 min. go get a darker crumb. The freshloaf.com is a great bread forum that does mainly bread with lots of helpful bakers. Enjoy the trip . Patrick
Patrick

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »
Patnx2`

Hey Pat!, that recommendation for the fresh loaf was just what I needed. Everything I was looking for and a bunch of great things that I wasn't looking for. Thank you big time, cant wait to try something different.