Author Topic: Focaccia col Formaggio di Recco  (Read 22537 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Focaccia col Formaggio di Recco
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2015, 01:19:16 PM »
I have made in recent weeks, and for brunch this morning Focaccia di Recco with Taleggio.

Taleggio is a more commonly available cheese. I have to say it melts nicely and for me is more than a worthy substitute (on its own) for Stracchino. It is not the same taste - it is a little more tangy but in terms of texture it seems to be a good fit (cooked).

synaesthesia,

Yours looks delicious!  :) What recipe did you use?  I think I can get some Taleggio cheese somewhere around my area.  Thanks for telling us that the Taleggio cheese is a worthy substitute for Stracchino.

Norma

Offline synaesthesia

• Good food tastes better with a good hot sauce!
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2015, 07:51:51 PM »
Hey Norma

I still make the dough by eye....Caputo flour, water, olive oil, normally just wet enough to mix it, and oil to 'taste' or 'heart's content'.
Stracchino is a bit wetter, and I can get it now in the  UK, but must order it from London. Taleggio is a tasty soft cheese that is less wet but gooey enough when cooked to work with the thin flatbread...and I can get it or the neighbourhood supermarkets.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2015, 06:37:18 AM »
Hey Norma

I still make the dough by eye....Caputo flour, water, olive oil, normally just wet enough to mix it, and oil to 'taste' or 'heart's content'.
Stracchino is a bit wetter, and I can get it now in the  UK, but must order it from London. Taleggio is a tasty soft cheese that is less wet but gooey enough when cooked to work with the thin flatbread...and I can get it or the neighbourhood supermarkets.

synaesthesia,

Thanks for telling us you make your dough by eye.  I don't know enough about Stracchino or Taleggio cheeses so your information is helpful.

Norma

pizzapan