Author Topic: The Flavor Bible  (Read 634 times)

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
The Flavor Bible
« on: July 11, 2013, 10:43:08 PM »
While taking with a chef this morning, he recommended a book that is in most chef libraries. The book is called "The Flavor Bible". I was wondering if anyone else has read through this book and if they found it helpful in the area of pizza sauce, pizza making, etc...  Thanks for any feedback.

TomN

the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0316118400/?tag=pizzamaking-20

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: The Flavor Bible
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:51:44 AM »
While taking with a chef this morning, he recommended a book that is in most chef libraries. The book is called "The Flavor Bible". I was wondering if anyone else has read through this book and if they found it helpful in the area of pizza sauce, pizza making, etc...  Thanks for any feedback.

TomN

the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0316118400/?tag=pizzamaking-20

Tom, I purchased that book several years ago. Like almost all of my cookbooks they are read once or twice, then put on a shelf, then into a box when the shelf fills up with new cook books. The book it self is an encyclopedia of information. I have not looked at it since starting on the pizza quest, but may dig it out.

What are your impressions of the book?

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
Re: The Flavor Bible
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I have only seen parts of the book on Amazon "look inside the book". The chef and myself were having a discussion about pizza sauce and the conversation shifted to other foods in the restaurant. This book was one that he personal owned in the beginning of his career. He highly recommended it as a basis for understand food creations better. I was just curious if this book helped int he area of pizza sauce. However, I was curious if anyone used it as a regular reference book or just put it on the shelf after one read. I will see if my library has the book before i make the purchase. Thanks again for the feedback.

TomN