Author Topic: The Scott123 appreciation thread!  (Read 13280 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: The Scott123 appreciation thread!
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2013, 10:25:07 AM »
Since breaking out of the rehab...I am now prepared to address this situation. During my absence...has Scott forked over the goods yet? And if he hasn't, I wanna know why....

talk amongst yourselves.... >:D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline JD

« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »
Feel free to share plenty of pessimism about the likelihood of me ever posting a photo of my pies.  It will only make the victory sweeter when I do reveal my work  ;D

::)

;D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2013, 10:44:41 AM »

::)

;D
I take that as a negatory JD......

Scotty..... can we maybe at least get a pic of the cheese you're work'in with dude?  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »
I'm biting my tongue so hard it hurts, but since I didn't fork over any money, I'll just stand by and watch....and roll my eyes ::)....... and keep holding my tongue :-X  >:D
 What I won't do is hold my breath waiting for pics. >:D

scott123

« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »
Tongue biting and eyes rolling, Steve? Are you having a seizure? ;D Obamacare just starting rolling out yesterday.  Perhaps you should sign up  ;D

scott123

« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2013, 04:00:24 PM »
Scotty..... can we maybe at least get a pic of the cheese you're work'in with dude?  :chef:

It's funny you mention cheese.  About two months ago, I made the decision to only use wholesale cheese, but, since I've had to throw away about half of the last two loaves I've bought (at $3.49/lb.!), I've been working out ways to buy less.  Things are looking up, though. I've found a fellow member willing to split a loaf.

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2013, 04:06:29 PM »
 ;D
Mary Ann

Offline JD

Re: Re: The Scott123 appreciation thread!
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »
From my perspective, for whatever its worth:

This is a Scott appreciation thread, not a buy Scott a Blackstone so he can prove something thread. He never asked for this, people contributed because he's probably helped you personally in some way. It's an amazing gesture that people came together and purchased Scott a Blackstone, and now all eyes are on this thread waiting for that first picture. Why is it a problem if it takes him a month or two or twelve to post something he's proud of?

If this was a "Please donate money so I can buy a Blackstone" thread, I think people would have a right to be upset. This is entirely different, and your contribution should have been for what he has done in the past, not to force him to do something he probably isn't exactly comfortable sharing with the world yet.

Going on a tangent now:

Let's say hypothetically Scott cannot make a pie to save his life. Does that mean his contributions no longer have meaning? Not in my eyes. If his advice allowed you to succeed in some way, who cares if he can't duplicate it himself?

Scott gave advice, you appreciated it, you showed your appreciation by sending money, the end.

Offline redox

« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2013, 05:12:50 PM »
From my perspective, for whatever its worth:

This is a Scott appreciation thread, not a buy Scott a Blackstone so he can prove something thread. He never asked for this, people contributed because he's probably helped you personally in some way. It's an amazing gesture that people came together and purchased Scott a Blackstone, and now all eyes are on this thread waiting for that first picture. Why is it a problem if it takes him a month or two or twelve to post something he's proud of?

If this was a "Please donate money so I can buy a Blackstone" thread, I think people would have a right to be upset. This is entirely different, and your contribution should have been for what he has done in the past, not to force him to do something he probably isn't exactly comfortable sharing with the world yet.

Going on a tangent now:

Let's say hypothetically Scott cannot make a pie to save his life. Does that mean his contributions no longer have meaning? Not in my eyes. If his advice allowed you to succeed in some way, who cares if he can't duplicate it himself?

Scott gave advice, you appreciated it, you showed your appreciation by sending money, the end.
I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2013, 05:13:58 PM »
I stripped out several posts and moved them to the Moderator's board to keep the matter from erupting further. If members have differences, they can resolve them via PMs.

Peter

Offline redox

« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »
I stripped out several posts and moved them to the Moderator's board to keep the matter from erupting further. If members have differences, they can resolve them via PMs.

Peter
Peter,
My original post referred to this:
Tongue biting and eyes rolling, Steve? Are you having a seizure? ;D Obamacare just starting rolling out yesterday.  Perhaps you should sign up

I thought Ev's implied question about when Scott was going to post something was perfectly reasonable and Scott's reply was snotty and sarcastic. At some point someone's got to say that the emperor has no clothes.
So you leave in the flippant reply to Ev but remove the questions about his lack of pics? He does keep promising to post something soon but never does. I think the discussion is fair. The discussion was strong but meaningful and not profane. Would you remove those comments from a "Is Scott ever going to post any pics of his pizzas" thread?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2013, 06:01:52 PM »
Jay,

Since Ev (Steve) and Scott know each other personally, I couldn't tell whether they were poking fun at each other. Under such circumstances, words don't always mean what they say literally. If Steve (Ev) sends me a PM and asks me to delete his post to avoid further misunderstanding, I will do so. Likewise with Scott.

Peter

Offline redox

« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2013, 06:13:10 PM »
Jay,

Since Ev (Steve) and Scott know each other personally, I couldn't tell whether they were poking fun at each other. Under such circumstances, words don't always mean what they say literally. If Steve (Ev) sends me a PM and asks me to delete his post to avoid further misunderstanding, I will do so. Likewise with Scott.

Peter
Peter,
Fair enough, but I didn't ask you to remove my posts and I think you acted too rashly. My points were fair, if strongly stated. He's been given a BS oven and been given a camera to use. Take a look and see how long he's been promising to post some pics but never has done so. Scott made the promise to post some pics so why won't you allow some legitimate questions about why he hasn't done so?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »
Jay,

One of the reasons I move things to the Moderator's board is to give Steve, the owner of this forum, and the other Moderators an opportunity to review the matter. If they feel that I acted too rashly, they well tell me, and if Steve so decides, posts moved to the Moderator's board can be reinstated in the thread from which they were taken.

Peter

scott123

« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »
Jay, I've made two promises relating to photos in this thread.  One, I promised Chau that I'd take pictures of pizzas that I baked on my Blackstone.  At no time did I ever promise when that would be. Since obtaining the oven, I've had some major breakthroughs with my NY pies in a home oven, so it's put my NP/BS quest on the back burner.  Just because it's taking some time to produce, in no way does it mean that I'm going back on my promise to provide photos of BS pies.

My second promise was more recent.

On the plus side, I have been playing around with the camera and will be posting photos of the next bake.

Since the time I posted this, I've baked pizza once. It was for a spur of the moment large family event an hour away and I couldn't add the extra complexity of taking photos. I have not made pizza since.

Neither of these promises or my previous comments on this subject put my integrity in question. To imply so is highly offensive. Making the implication that my lack of photos somehow puts my credentials into question only further insults me and brings up a topic that has been beaten to death countless times.  For some reason, prior to today, if someone would have asked me if we were friends, I would have said yes. I  could have sworn that I had helped you in the past, but it is brutally obvious that you don't feel that way. I am confounded as to why you contributed if you didn't feel that I had helped you. If you think I'm a sham, great, join the crowd.  You are not alone. But don't think for a second that I'm going to sit back and let you insult me.

If anyone who contributed felt that timely photos played a significant role in their decision to contribute, drop me a PM and I'll send you your money back- no questions asked.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:06:14 PM by scott123 »

Online Jackitup

« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2013, 07:15:33 PM »
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

Offline italdream

« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2013, 03:56:35 PM »
This is a Scott appreciation thread, not a buy Scott a Blackstone so he can prove something thread.
That's true but human nature is inherently selfish. I equate people's generosity in this case to someone donating victoria's secret underwear to their girlfriend. It is a generous act but than he would expect the GF to wear it.

Jay, I've made two promises relating to photos in this thread.  One, I promised Chau that I'd take pictures of pizzas that I baked on my Blackstone.  At no time did I ever promise when that would be.

Com'on Scott, you are taking this too seriously. People just want to see something. Wear a chef hat  :chef: and take a self-pic showing your hands in the dough. This will likely satisfy people's curiosity for a while... 

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2013, 08:29:30 PM »
I think that it is important that everyone understand that in a free and open public forum like this one, no one can compel any other member to do anything. As I understand the matter, Scott was given the gift or a BlackStone oven. That gift was given as an expression of gratitude for things that Scott had done on the forum in the past to help other members. By definition, a gift is unconditional. There are no strings attached. It is not a contract by which Scott agrees to do something in return for payments by others. Maybe some members had their expectations elevated that Scott would put the BlackStone oven through its paces and report his findings to the members, and some may have contributed to the cause on that basis and may now have buyer's remorse, but Scott's gift was not conditioned in any way. If Scott made promises, it is up to him to decide whether he will honor those promises and when. Berating him, cajoling him, and using sarcasm or humor to induce him to certain behavior is likely to be counterproductive.

Peter

scott123

Re: Re: Re: The Scott123 appreciation thread!
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2013, 08:34:58 PM »
Peter, thank you.

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2013, 08:49:06 PM »
Wow, this has really gotten out of control...lol Its a shame it has gone from an appreciation thread to this nonsense. Scott has helped me in the past and continues to do so. I'm sure there are more pressing issues in your lives than worrying about if/when Scott will post pics. To steal a line from ESPN...C'mon Man! O0
Chaz

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2013, 08:58:41 PM »
I have locked this thread again. If it is to be opened again is a decision that Steve, the owner of the forum, will have to make, along with any other actions he may deem necessary.

Peter