Author Topic: The Scott123 appreciation thread!  (Read 10655 times)

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: The Scott123 appreciation thread!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 11:39:05 PM »
I'm In! I have allways included Scott in my pizza plans wheneve possible  as mentioned he met me in secaucus and we drove into the city in tandem  with the 2 shuttle vehicles. He was calling frequently  to be sure we were on track and all stayed together! He has also helped me many times  with various concerns and questions. And top of all that he has made some very kind and generous comments on my pizza journey as well.  So yes THANK YOU SCOTT! All i ask for 10 min of his extensive computer knowledge as well to update (increase) the prices and a few pics on my flirting with fire website. He already agreed by the way I have just been crazy busy to find a few hours and get Ed done.
Please add me to the list Chau !
Thanks
John

John, I don't know a ton, but if you ever needed help I could help you clean up your website a lot. It would be very easy if you use what they call a WYSIWG editor. Then you would also be able to handle any edits yourself very easily (under 15 minutes).

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 02:16:49 AM »
Thank you guys.  I've added you to the list Slybarman, mkevenson, Mal, and Jconk007.   We are now upto 15 members so almost halfway there.   Good job guys! 

Chau

Offline zymurgymaster

• A.lpha S.ausage S.upreme
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 06:57:50 AM »
Mark me down for $30 also. 

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 07:30:01 AM »
Well, well, well.  What an interesting thread.  Some time ago, I too had a long, involved discussion with Scott about the possible benefits of a composite baking stone, made of laminated cordierite and steel.  As you can imagine, a half-baked theory was the only result.

Now I find out, to prove my point, all I had to do was buy the materials, make the equipment, and then make him use it.   :P ;D ;D

Hmm.  Quite a maneuver, JT  >:D   I will be following this thread closely.

Please put me down for $20. 
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 08:17:35 AM »
Count me among the many people that Scott has helped in my journey as well. And I can say that he demonstrated a lot of patience and obvious caring in doing it.

Having said that, there are so many others who have helped me out (there are so many kind and generous people on this site). Count me in!

Barry
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:33:14 PM by bfguilford »
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 08:24:50 AM »
where would my pictures be without Scott making fun of the ones I took in my baking steel thread  :-D   I have new lightbulbs in the kitchen because of Scott.  seriously, he made me pay attention to that and helped hasten my testing with the baking steel and that's just the specific help, not the knowledge i have gained just by reading his posts in general  so I'm in.   

I bought a new camera and am willing to loan Scott my old one to document his journey with this. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:27:08 AM by deb415611 »

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »
Thank you Pizzaneer, BFguilford, and Deb415611 for your contribution!

Offline slybarman

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 12:36:30 PM »
Scott -do you already have a propane tank?

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »
Chau, I pm'd you so let me know how much and your address, good for 20-30 whatever it takes. If you are up to 18 people that's 20 and change no problem!

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline polishpizza

• New Haven Style Thin Crust Mobile Pizza - We Bring The Party To You, Not Just The Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »
Whatever is left to reached the $370+ I'll make the final contribution to seal this up.  I'm not on the forum that much anymore but would like to contribute.
Polack trying to make pizza

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 01:07:18 AM »
Wow,  very generous of you Polishpizza.   Let's let this run another 3-4 days and see where we are at and then we can figure something out. That will allow a few more folks who haven't seen the thread opportunity to participate should they want to.

Chau

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
Bumping for a good cause.   8)

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 05:55:00 PM »
Put me down for $12.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 06:26:33 PM »
Put me down for $0.02.

I've always got my $0.02 for Scott.  :-D
Pizza is not bread.

Offline redox

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 03:56:05 PM »
All I want is for Scott to make great NY style pizza in his BS oven and then I want to read his method here and make one just like it.  ;D
So add me to the list also.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »
Awesome, thank you jsaras, redox, and Craig.  :P

We will be ordering in the next day or so in case there are any other members who want to be a part of this.  Scott is already incredible touched by this.  Thank you all for your participation. 

Chau

Offline pizza dr

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »
Ok Chau

Put me in for $30. 

Scot

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »
Scott has helped me tremendously in the short time that I have been a part of this forum. In fact, he is the one who has tweaked my current formula for NY Style and convinced me to get onboard with a big ol' hunk of steel!  ;D His knowledge (along with many others on here) of pizza is ridiculous and invaluable. With that said, count me in and thank you Scott! (Im sure I will be picking your brain more in the future  ;D )
Chau, please PM me where I can send my donation.

Thanks!
Chaz

Offline Falcor

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »
If not in part for Scott123's contributions to this forum, my family, friends, and myself would not be enjoying the current quality of my weekly bakes that are directly attributable to utilizing the steel plate configuration in a home oven Scott advocates...count me in!

Adam

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »
I already contacted and pledged my support, but am hoping that once Scott gets his Blackstone, he can shortly give us a table of temps for bottom and top stones for different pizzas.  I got my Blackstone yesterday, and on my countertop pizza oven with a corderite stone,  600 would burn the bottom of the crust if it stayed in for more than 2  1/2 minutes, with the blackstone, the bottom stone was close to 700, and it hardly browned the bottom in 2 1/2 minutes.  I obviously need some practice to see the difference in conductivity with this stone, but am sure that Scott can work it out for us.