Author Topic: PH Breadsticks  (Read 1765 times)

Offline kdobson99

PH Breadsticks
« on: February 12, 2006, 08:55:04 AM »
Getting ready to try my hand at the Pizza Hut dough, but was going to get the dough to turn out right first, before getting the whole familiy anticipating the whole pizza, which I will undoubtedly screw up on the first try.   My solution is to try to make Pizza Hut Breadsticks first.  Am I correct in assuming that the breadsticks are merely the PH pan pizza dough  baked the same way you would baked the whole pizza (including grease in the pan)?  Seems to me this is all their breadsticks consist of... ie cooking a pizza crust in a rectangular pan with seasonings on top.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

I see a PH breadstick topping seasoning mixture below that I will try.  I assume you just sprinkle the seasonings on top prior to cooking.  If I recall, I have seen the people at PH spread butter or something on the baked sticks before cutting....  Am I correct?  If so, butter or margarine?

Thanks to all.  This is my first post on this board and am so happy I found the site.  Great job all.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: PH Breadsticks
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 09:10:34 AM »
kdobson99,

While it is possible to develop a specialized dough that can be use to make only bread sticks, most operators use the same dough as they use to make pizza. For them, it's the most efficient way to go.

You might find this thread of interest: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=1681.msg15156#msg15156. The focus of that thread is on garlic knots, but there is also information on how to make bread sticks also.

Peter