Author Topic: Setting up a New Haven pizza field trip - looking for a date between Aug 10-17  (Read 3671 times)

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
Second try for this after I had to bag on it in April.

Proposing a field trip to Pepe's, Sally's, Modern (and maybe Zuppardi's in West Haven) one afternoon/evening during during the period August 10-17. I have put a poll together on Doodle to let interested people chime in with all the times they could go, so that we can finalize a date/time and post it. Please use that link to give your input by July 26th - it'll make it MUCH easier to schedule this.

http://doodle.com/vvvzks2puudwmyb3

Let's see if we can make this happen.

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline dhorst

I certainly would be interested.  Let me check the schedule and I'll respond on Doodle.  It would only be a four and a half hour drive, so it should be doable!

Diana

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
I responded on doodle but i'm free either of those weekends probably not during the week.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
bumping this up

Offline dhorst

Another bump!

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
I'll be closing the Doodle poll on the 26th at 5:00 and posting the time for the tour then. So far, we have input from 5 people. I'm hoping that more people want to join us.

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline dhorst

Another bump!  I'd love to see a large group, but hey, I'm looking forward to meeting anyone who attends!

Diana

Yes, there will be some Aleppo in my purse. :P

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Busy and I have parties so far on the 11th and the 17th see what you come up with I am but 1 participant
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
Re: New Haven Pizza Tour, Aug 14th, starting at 3:30 PM
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 09:36:47 AM »
OK everyone. The consensus date is Aug. 14th starting at 3:30. I'll post which place we'll be starting at as we get closer to the date. I'm also going to see if the moderators can change the name of this thread to reflect the final date.

Barry
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:45:29 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline corkd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Enjoy! Was just at Sally's a couple of weeks ago during a drive from Newark to the cape...we had a clam pie, & sausage/mozz...
I have previously been only to The Spot ....Sally's  is a throwback for sure... Tall guy "Lorenzo" who served us is funny, w/ a great style..
I love how the pies come out on the big alu baking sheets, w/ paper underneath...
I can't remember the last time I had to drink Rolling Rock...
-clay
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:37:03 PM by corkd »

Online scott123

Alright, I managed to move some things around and will be in attendance.

Yes, I can get Pepe's in Yonkers, but, between the people involved and the area's history, I wasn't going to miss this.

If anyone from NJ or NYC wants to drive up together, I have room for 3 people.

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
Alright, I managed to move some things around and will be in attendance.

Yes, I can get Pepe's in Yonkers, but, between the people involved and the area's history, I wasn't going to miss this.

If anyone from NJ or NYC wants to drive up together, I have room for 3 people.

That's great, Scott. Pack the car... with fellow PMers!

Barry

Offline dhorst

Is anyone interested in some Grande curd for making fresh mozzarella?  I just ordered 10lbs. from Lombardi's, and the guy said they should be placing the order tomorrow or Monday, so hopefully it should be here by the 14th.
The husband will be tagging along.  Go easy on him.  :-D

Offline dhorst

Also, Saturday I will be in the area of my favorite Amish market if anyone needs Occident, Prairie Gold or any rye or pumpernickel flour.  They also carry diastatic malt powder, black cocoa, aristocrat cocoa and apple wood smoked sea salt.  I would be happy to pick any of that up for anyone who's interested.  Just need to know by Saturday morning.

Diana

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
Also, Saturday I will be in the area of my favorite Amish market if anyone needs Occident, Prairie Gold or any rye or pumpernickel flour.  They also carry diastatic malt powder, black cocoa, aristocrat cocoa and apple wood smoked sea salt.  I would be happy to pick any of that up for anyone who's interested.  Just need to know by Saturday morning.

Diana

but........ I have to go to the Amish market  ... Deb, Barry, Scott needs ........   ;)

Offline dhorst

but........ I have to go to the Amish market  ... Deb, Barry, Scott needs ........   ;)
The husband won't be surprised.  I will, however, get obligatory eye roll. ::) :-D

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
The husband won't be surprised.  I will, however, get obligatory eye roll. ::) :-D

he must have trained with my husband, mine has a very prominent eye roll :-D

Offline dhorst

Oh, I can also get some really nice semolina and durum flours, buckwheat and oat flours, and graham flour, powdered buttermilk, and egg powder.  Just visited the pantry.  Yes, I have a flour problem.  I also have a hat thing and just bought four new hats today. ???

Offline dhorst

he must have trained with my husband, mine has a very prominent eye roll :-D
:-D

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
I need to order VT smoke & cure pepperoni so if anyone needs any I can order more.  I'll order sometime next week and it should be here in time (i think it's usually here the next day, sometimes two)

in March they quoted me $92 plus shipping for a case of 24
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:28:52 PM by deb415611 »

pizzapan