Author Topic: Setting up a New Haven pizza field trip - looking for a date between Aug 10-17  (Read 3916 times)

Online scott123

I'll have some GM Neapolitan flour to share.  I've promised some to John Conklin, but could probably spare another 15-20 lbs.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
I'll have some GM Neapolitan flour to share.  I've promised some to John Conklin, but could probably spare another 15-20 lbs.

Scott - I emailed the CT sales rep and he's on vacation until next week.  If I don't hear from him I'd love a little to try.

I have some Spring King (I bought in Feb but it's vac sealed and in freezer) and I bought 50 lbs of KABF last week (I actually bought AP but they gave me the wrong bag and I'm not going through the hassle of bringing it back because I will use it) if anyone wants some.

Offline dhorst

I need to order VT smoke & cure pepperoni so if anyone needs any I can order more.  I'll order sometime next week and it should be here in time (i think it's usually here the next day, sometimes two)

in March they quoted me $92 plus shipping for a case of 24
I'd be interested in trying a little of the pepperoni.  Just let me know what increments it comes in and how much it is, please.

Scott, I'd love to try a little!

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
I'd be interested in trying a little of the pepperoni.  Just let me know what increments it comes in and how much it is, please.

they are 7 oz sticks , I was paying $42 +shipping for 7 sticks and if the case is still $92 for 24 it's a much better price.  I'll give them a call tomorrow and find out what the case cost is now

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
aristocrat cocoa

Diana

Diana - I'd like some of this,  how do they usually package

i'm quite sure the 4 other types of cocoa in my pantry are not enough ;D

Online scott123

Deb and Diana, no problem.  At a minimum, it will be 5# each, but, if it ends up being just you two, the split could be greater.  What's the maximum you can work with?

Also, I don't know if I'll be swinging by on the way up or making a special trip before hand, but I'll be hitting my distributor within the next couple weeks to pick up a 16" wood peel (if they have that size).  I haven't been there in a year, but they have a lot of other stuff- good wood peels, typically clunky metal peels, stacking dough pans (the kind I use), full size (27") dough trays and lids, heavy duty high end pizza cutting wheels, 6-in-1s, 50# All Trump bags, All the Stanislaus products (in huge cans), logs of all the major mozzarellas for $3.99/lb., screens of just about every size and trays of just about every size.  Everything is pretty competitively priced. Just about anything you'd find in a typical NY pizzeria, you'd find here. If any of this piques your curiosity, let me know.

Offline Chaze215

Deb and Diana, no problem.  At a minimum, it will be 5# each, but, if it ends up being just you two, the split could be greater.  What's the maximum you can work with?

Also, I don't know if I'll be swinging by on the way up or making a special trip before hand, but I'll be hitting my distributor within the next couple weeks to pick up a 16" wood peel (if they have that size).  I haven't been there in a year, but they have a lot of other stuff- good wood peels, typically clunky metal peels, stacking dough pans (the kind I use), full size (27") dough trays and lids, heavy duty high end pizza cutting wheels, 6-in-1s, 50# All Trump bags, All the Stanislaus products (in huge cans), logs of all the major mozzarellas for $3.99/lb., screens of just about every size and trays of just about every size.  Everything is pretty competitively priced. Just about anything you'd find in a typical NY pizzeria, you'd find here. If any of this piques your curiosity, let me know.

You have piqued my curiosity Scott. Where is this?
Chaz

Online scott123

Chaz, you know where this is- we just talked about it  ;D Corrado's.

Offline Chaze215

I thought that's what you were talking about  ;D It's been YEARS since I've been there. I need to make time to get there!
Chaz

Offline dhorst

Diana - I'd like some of this,  how do they usually package

i'm quite sure the 4 other types of cocoa in my pantry are not enough ;D
1lb. packages at $6.39 a lb.

Online scott123

It's been YEARS since I've been there. I need to make time to get there!

Once you go a few times, it's not that thrilling, but, the first time I went, I was a kid in a candy store  ;D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
I have a few Vt smoked I will share with debs
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
1lb. packages at $6.39 a lb.

could you grab me two, thanks!

Offline dhorst

Yes, of course, Deb!  I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone.

Any idea of how many PM people will be attending as of yet?  I think there may be some SDS works in the future.

Offline dhorst

All of this piques my curiosity--if I didn't have the husband on board, you have no idea what I'd be asking for.  Yes, I have clandestine pizza and bread related activities.  If you make it there, I would be interested in a 16" screen, though.  I'm so looking forward to this crawl and the exchanging of thoughts and ideas.

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
Any idea of how many PM people will be attending as of yet?  I think there may be some SDS works in the future.

Not sure of the final count, but there should be at least 6 of us.

All these offers are just fantastic. Unfortunately, I only use organic flour at home, and I don't eat meat. Otherwise, I'd be all over them. But did someone say Aleppo chiles? :-D

I also have an offer to anyone interested in a roughly 17'x17"x1/2" steel plate that needs a new home. It weighs 40+ pounds, so I will only bring it if someone else takes it home.

Barry
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:53:38 PM by bfguilford »
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline dhorst

On our way home the husband would like to make a stop at the Saratoga Springs Car Museum.  Would I be pressing the limits by asking him to stop by http://www.harvestandhearth.com/index.html for dinner?  Lord knows I love pizza, but I think I've tested some limits in the past year.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
On our way home the husband would like to make a stop at the Saratoga Springs Car Museum.  Would I be pressing the limits by asking him to stop by http://www.harvestandhearth.com/index.html for dinner?  Lord knows I love pizza, but I think I've tested some limits in the past year.

those are artisan, whole different animal, I think you are fine   ;D

Offline dhorst

Not sure of the final count, but there should be at least 6 of us.

All these offers are just fantastic. Unfortunately, I only use organic flour at home, and I don't eat meat. Otherwise, I'd be all over them. But did someone say Aleppo chiles? :-D

I also have an offer to anyone interested in a roughly 17'x17"x1/2" steel plate that needs a new home. It weighs 40+ pounds, so I will only bring it if someone else takes it home.

Barry

Well of course there is some Aleppo love going on--no worries there.  I'm not a big meat eater myself--poultry and fish once or twice a week, no red meat, but Craig had me eating a bit of beef in a taco for the first time in 25 years along with prosciutto.  The pepperoni would be for the guys.  Don't ask me to give up the dairy!  I happen to see some organic flour I will let you know.  I do have a can of organic Cento's on hand, if you'd like.

Did you happen to check out my weird but tasty vegan coconut "mozzarella"?

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
Well of course there is some Aleppo love going on--no worries there.  I'm not a big meat eater myself--poultry and fish once or twice a week, no red meat, but Craig had me eating a bit of beef in a taco for the first time in 25 years along with prosciutto.  The pepperoni would be for the guys.  Don't ask me to give up the dairy!  I happen to see some organic flour I will let you know.  I do have a can of organic Cento's on hand, if you'd like.

Did you happen to check out my weird but tasty vegan coconut "mozzarella"?

I did check that out, Diana. I'm intrigued. Right now I use part-skim mozz (I used to occasionally mix in some nasty vegan "cheese") with olive oil spayed on top to help with the melting.

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.