Author Topic: Wayne is Branching Out  (Read 834 times)

Online waynesize

Re: Wayne is Branching Out
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 05:01:35 PM »
Thanks, Dave. Most were half and half type toppings. Two people sharing a pie, and wanting different toppings. The "Margherita" was for me, and I think it looked fairly good.

Wayne

Online waynesize

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 11:41:34 PM »
Got a late start making dough tonight. It was 11:15 when I finally put the dough balls to bed. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new stone. My little Pampered Chef stone is not big enough. I ordered an 18x18x1 inch kiln shelf from Axner Pottery Supply.  That should up my game a little bit. In the mean time, here are my ~ 280g doughs, just after balling.

Online waynesize

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 09:12:53 PM »
Two of the four pies I made last night. They were really good, but I need more mass in my stone, to get better results on the bottoms (no pics). First is the "Dawn Renae", Italian Sausage, Canadian Bacon, Pepperoni, Red Onion, Bell Pepper. The last is my Margherita. I am eagerly awaiting my new stone!

Online waynesize

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 09:22:54 PM »
Received my 18x18x1 kiln shelf today, and it fits in my oven!  ;D  Running it through a cycle in the oven at max temp to make sure it is clean. I will give it a run with some pies this weekend. I want to get an IR thermometer soon, to see what kind of heat I can expect.

Online waynesize

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 08:36:11 PM »
I really need to get an IR thermometer. Baked 3 pies Saturday night. Have no idea what the temp was on the stone, but the bottoms were not done nearly as well as I had hoped. With nearly 2 hours of pre-heating, I had hoped for better results.

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #25 on: Today at 12:34:03 AM »
Let the monster pies begin.  Let me know how tough to stretch.

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Online waynesize

« Reply #26 on: Today at 07:31:09 AM »
I am going to need a larger peel too. Mine will only accommodate 12" pies. I have stretched a couple of doughs to nearly 18" without any problems. But, I need to figure out my stone temp issue before trying larger pies.

Wayne