Author Topic: Dough bubbles during bake  (Read 147 times)

Offline Ben Miller

• Pizza Enthusiast
Dough bubbles during bake
« on: August 25, 2014, 12:58:11 PM »

I worked at an awesome pizza place in college (the owners came over from Sicily and just opened a pizza place).  Unfortunately, I wasn't nearly into making pizza as much then as I am now.... I wish I would have asked more questions.

When we baked the pizza, it would bubble up and we had to pop the bubbles in the crust and occasionally in the center of the pizza.  I've only had this happen one time when making pizza at home, but I can't remember which dough recipe I used to make this happen.  The crust is so light and fluffy in this type of pizza and I'd love to dial that in a little more.

Thanks!!
-Ben

Online mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Dough bubbles during bake
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »
Ben, welcome to the forum. I am a bit confused as to what it is you are looking for. Is it a dough recipe, a tool for deflating bubbles, or the process for opening dough balls that will encourage bubble formation? Perhaps the baking method or type of oven ?  I think that most folks that like an  airy cornice, don't necessarily like bubbles in the body of the pie. I may be wrong, having not taken a survey.
Please let us know what you want to achieve, perhaps your dough recipe and process would also help.
Good luck with your pies.
Pics, always help :drool:

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Giggliato

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:14:09 PM »
Those bubbles in the center of the pizza have to do with gas traveling through the gluten matrix, most don't like big bubbles in the center because the cheese slides off.

Offline moose13

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:16:48 PM »
You can have mine, i hate it when that happens!

pizzapan