Author Topic: perhaps a stupid question but.....  (Read 151 times)

Offline Don Cornicone

• I Love Pizza!
perhaps a stupid question but.....
« on: September 24, 2016, 11:25:43 PM »
what would happen if you used sugar instead of flour on the peel, so the dough won't stick?

Offline csnack

• I Love Pizza!
Re: perhaps a stupid question but.....
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:34:24 AM »
what would happen if you used sugar instead of flour on the peel, so the dough won't stick?
Not a pizza pro, but assuming you mean granulated sugar and just going by how sugar reacts to heat, whatever ends up in there with the pizza from the peel will probably caramelize on the stone or pan under the crust. Would probably go beyond that and burn actually.

Offline Jackitup

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 01:37:10 AM »
Nothing good.......it would burn instantly. Salt would make more sense if you were to stay along that thinking. I assume for the ball bearing effect is why you're asking??

jon
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:02:15 PM »
Semolina is my favorite, having tried flour, rice flour, and in my first pies, corn meal...but that would always burn and not smell great

wordpress