Author Topic: How to make that pizzeria-like brown spots on Pizza  (Read 189 times)

Offline Aizaz

• I Love Pizza!
How to make that pizzeria-like brown spots on Pizza
« on: July 30, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
Okay I have been making Pizza of different styles and topping since a few months and yes they are really tasty.  :chef:
But it dosnt look like that of a Pizzeria.
why ? because it lacks the brown-spots in between the white cheese (See the pic). I wanted o know how to create these ?
As you can see the rectangular pizza made by me is nice but its all white. While the Pizzeria's pizza have some brown patches. If I increase the baking time whole pizza turns more brown but not like that of pizzeria.

[The pic on top is mine pizza]

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
Re: How to make that pizzeria-like brown spots on Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »
I wanted o know how to create these ?

Use very cheap cheese? I wouldn't want that effect. If I did, I'd go to Pizza Hut or some other place that sells crappy pizza.

Offline Aizaz

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 04:53:56 PM »
Use very cheap cheese? I wouldn't want that effect. If I did, I'd go to Pizza Hut or some other place that sells crappy pizza.
How using cheap cheese really makes this effect. I have used mozzarella of different brands. Also Mozzarella + Cheddar combo. But never been able to achieve this effect

Online scott123

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 05:15:23 PM »
Aizaz, as Ryan pointed out, many here see that kind of spotting as a defect.

If that's a trait you're striving for, fat is the answer- less fat. Cheddar gives off considerable fat- lose it.  Switch from whole milk  low moisture mozzarella to part skim.  With enough top heat, you'll see plenty of brown spots.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »
Any cheese on the crust will look like that.  If you are talking about the brown-ness overall, maybe add some more sugar or use the broiler.

Offline Aizaz

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 03:53:33 AM »
Any cheese on the crust will look like that.  If you are talking about the brown-ness overall, maybe add some more sugar or use the broiler.
I dont want overall more brown-ness. All I want is the effect shown in the attached pic. White cheese with some brown spots in between. These looks yum

Online scott123

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 05:24:16 AM »
Definitely part skim cheese. I don't know what kind of cheese options you have in Pakistan, but the lower the fat, the greater propensity for spotting. Some brands of cheese spot more readily than others, but finding them will involve trial and error.

You could also recreate this effect by cheating a little bit.  Sprinkle most of the cheese on the pizza, lightly mist the cheese with a water sprayer, then apply the rest of the cheese sparsely.  The dry cheese will brown at a faster rate than the wet cheese.

Offline Aizaz

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 06:43:10 AM »
Definitely part skim cheese. I don't know what kind of cheese options you have in Pakistan, but the lower the fat, the greater propensity for spotting. Some brands of cheese spot more readily than others, but finding them will involve trial and error.

You could also recreate this effect by cheating a little bit.  Sprinkle most of the cheese on the pizza, lightly mist the cheese with a water sprayer, then apply the rest of the cheese sparsely.  The dry cheese will brown at a faster rate than the wet cheese.
Thanks for help. I will try this cheat soon than will reply here

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 09:10:00 AM »
What kind of oven do you have? Show a picture. :)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.