Author Topic: My journey from the start to now  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Harsh2206

• I Love Pizza!
Re: My journey from the start to now
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2015, 07:28:23 PM »
Made a same day dough. 1.5kg strong white flour, 65% water, 3% olive oil. All the other usual suspects. Opened out very nicely, obviously not the strongest flavoured dough but got most of it in the fridge cold fermenting. Made emergency pizza for my friend and I. Totally basic. Dough, sauce, parmesan, mozzarella and pepperoni. Baked on stone at 250

Offline Harsh2206

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2015, 07:30:36 PM »
More pics. This is the 2nd pizza

Offline Harsh2206

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2015, 03:27:24 AM »
Used a couple of balls that have been in fridge since last batch (about 26 hours) left them on counter to warm up for 45 mins. Opened out nicely, bit springy but a few slaps sorted it out. This is today's lunch for my father and I as my mother has gone away for a few nights. Margherita for pops and a pepperoni for me. Both baked on stone at 250 for about 10 mins

Offline Harsh2206

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2015, 03:31:20 AM »
Pepperoni pizza

Offline Harsh2206

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2015, 09:07:36 AM »
Was having a couple of friends over so wanted to make some pizza. Had a little thinking time so decided to try a new setup out. I haven't been too happy with the undersides of my pizza. My train of thought brings me to believe I am not getting it hot enough even after a pre heat for an hour or two on full whack.

I decided to use the smaller oven (my cooker has 2 ovens) which also has a grill. I pre heated the stone at 250 and then blasted the stone with the grill for 10-15 mins. The dough was the emergency Lehman NY. These pizzas were phenomenal.

Offline Harsh2206

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 09:44:47 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhh!!! Good folks of pizza it's been a while! God I've been busy. Managed to make a dough tonight in my new Kenwood kitchen chef blah blah blah. Added black pepper, oregano, basil and garlic oil because I am pissed and I can. Used a 69% hydration water plus oil because I am dangerous.

Also made a starter out of 250g Brava pizza flour and 250g organic whole wheat. 500g water. Lets see how the bastard goes. Pics to follow. Need to get tapatalk or whatever the funk its called again as problems with phone......I dropped it getting out of a taxi and destroyed the screen  :-[

Offline Harsh2206

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 10:20:31 PM »
Here we go