Author Topic: Anyone in Boston installing or already have an in-house wood burning oven?  (Read 641 times)

Offline npandolfo

• I Love Pizza!
Hi all -

My name is Nick Pandolfo. I'm a freelance journalist looking to do a story on someone in the Boston area who is installing (or has installed, though less ideal) an indoor wood-burning pizza oven in their home. I'm curious about the decision process (what sparked the idea, were things displaced to install the oven, etc.) and would love to meet someone who is doing (has done) this. If anyone can be of help I would greatly appreciate it. The story would be for The Boston Globe Magazine.

Thanks in advance, and happy pizza making!

Nick

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Nick,

I can only recall one member outside of the Boston area (NH) who had a wood fired oven in his home, and he sold that home. However, we have had a couple of members elsewhere in the country who have done a nice job detailing their experiences with incorporating wood-fired ovens in their homes. Their threads might whet your appetite while you await responses from someone who has done something similar in the Boston area. The two threads I have in mind are these:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13956.msg140178.html#msg140178

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,22404.msg227876.html#msg227876

Peter

Offline npandolfo

• I Love Pizza!
Thanks for the reply, Peter! Those are both very cool projects. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my request will reach someone locally who can help. In the meantime, if you have any other resources that you think might be useful, I'd love to hear about them.

Enjoy the summer, and take care!

Nick

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
I built one in Nashua,  whats up?  -Marc

Offline npandolfo

• I Love Pizza!
Thanks for writing, Marc. I sent you a private message. Would love to chat.

Nick