Author Topic: Sources for Pizza Ingredients in the Dallas Area  (Read 15233 times)

Offline J. Michael

• Love thy Pizza
Re: Sources for Pizza Ingredients in the Dallas Area
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 05:38:10 PM »
I will have to round up some takers the next time I place an order which will probably be around the fall. As for the storage I have a vacuum sealer and plan to seal 4   10# bags and use the remaining after opened in a ziplock.
LaValle 4 Bean

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Sources for Pizza Ingredients in the Dallas Area
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2010, 12:32:39 PM »
While I was in Dallas yesterday, I stopped off at Jimmy's Food Market to pick up several types of cheese. As is my practice, I also checked the store for pizza-related items, but mainly canned tomatoes (they also have a good selection of oils like the Frantoia, which I also purchased). This visit, I saw the following canned tomatoes:

Stanislaus Ground Tomatoes, #10 cans
Stanislaus Filets, #10 cans
Stanislaus Full Red Tomato Sauce, #10 cans
Stanislaus Diced Tomatoes, #10 cans
Stanislaus Tomato Magic, #10 cans (these are considered to be a counterpart to the Escalon 6 in 1s)
Escalon 6 in 1s, #10 cans
Pastene Kitchen Ready Ground Peeled Tomatoes, 28-ounce cans (I consider these to be good substitutes for the 6 in 1s)
Sclafani Tomatoes, 28-ounce cans (I did not note the exact type of tomatoes)
La Bella San Marzanos, 28-ounce cans
La Valle San Marzano tomatoes, 28-ounce can

Jimmy's merchandise changes quite a bit over time, so it is a good idea to move fast if the above items are of interest.

I also stopped by the Central Market to check out their pizza related items. One new item since my last visit is that they now carry the The Chefs Flour, which is the retail form of the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour. It is in one kilo bags. I saw only a couple of bags and the space devoted to that flour seemed to be small. So they may not stock a lot of that flour on a regular basis.

Peter