Author Topic: How to add asiago or parmesan to crust?  (Read 295 times)

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
How to add asiago or parmesan to crust?
« on: October 30, 2015, 05:49:17 PM »
I love to make my own pizzas, but that doesnt mean i wont eat chain pizza sometimes. I recently tried Pizza Hut Asiago crust and Parmesan crust, both were very tasty. It looks like they may just sprinkle some on, but Im not sure if it goes on before or after the pizza is cooked? I also dont want to make a mess on my pizza stone. any suggestions?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: How to add asiago or parmesan to crust?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 09:06:40 PM »
I love to make my own pizzas, but that doesnt mean i wont eat chain pizza sometimes. I recently tried Pizza Hut Asiago crust and Parmesan crust, both were very tasty. It looks like they may just sprinkle some on, but Im not sure if it goes on before or after the pizza is cooked? I also dont want to make a mess on my pizza stone. any suggestions?
husker3in4,

I am not sure I have a good answer for you but all of the professional pizza places that I am aware of that offer flavored crusts, such as Pizza Hut, Jet's Pizza and Hungry Howie's, and however the flavored crusts are achieved, use conveyor ovens, not deck ovens. For a home setting, I think I would include the cheeses in the dough. That is what Tom Lehmann has suggested in the past, as noted, for example, in one of his PMQ Think Tank posts at http://thinktank.pmq.com/threads/increasing-the-flavor-of-dough.4231/#post-23977.

Peter