Author Topic: classic NYC/NJ bake times  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Falcor

• I Love Pizza!
Re: classic NYC/NJ bake times
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2014, 11:32:11 AM »
Posted by: CIZ28
on: Yesterday at 09:49:12 PM
Falcor, what was superior about it to you? I'm trying to compare experiences.

CIZ28 - Two things:

1) The crust overall--(visually, mouth-feel, and taste)--just seemed more balanced and less "beaten-up"...it was uniform, delicate, and yet crispy and strong.  I know that may not make a lot of sense considering great NP pizza is baked at super high temperatures in a very short period of time, and is epitome of delicateness.  But, my experience yesterday with this lower temperature/longer bake was just a better crust than my previous attempts employing a higher temperature/shorter bake.  That my have a lot to do with what is best suited to my unique dough, but I am not sure. 

2) This is purely logistical, but I like to bake two pies simultaneously--(one for the kids & one for the adults so that we all can eat at the same time).  The extra two-minutes of bake time, combined with a brief rest period for the finished pie that Frank G. advocates in Norma's thread, gives me plenty of time to stretch and dress two uncooked pies while the two pies cook, so that the uncooked pies go right into oven when the cooked pies are finished...in my house, that keeps us and a few quests in hot/fresh pizza, with little to no delay between servings.

Adam       

Offline drmatt357

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: classic NYC/NJ bake times
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2014, 03:04:32 PM »
Adam,
Do you have pics of the pies cooked under both conditions?

pizzapan