Author Topic: Open for business  (Read 16440 times)

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
Re: Open for business
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 12:17:49 PM »
Congratulations on your success. That WFO looks fantastic and a lot of fun. I am curious about your sauce recipe. Are you using SM tomatoes and salt or something else? I appreciate your willingness to share your recipe.

TomN
PS
Those pies look great!!! What brand/style of cheese do you like? I am guessing that it is a Whole Milk Mozzarella.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:27:20 PM by TomN »

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 03:26:30 PM »
It is  ;D :pizza:  but I will really try to stablish a restaurant in the near future not at home, let's see how it goes.
Regards Leo.

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »
Hey Tom,

Thanks, for my sauce I am using 6-1 ground tomatoes, a little bit of garlic sautee with olive oil, salt and pinch of sugar for the acidity, a pinch of oregano and a couple of fresh basil oh and a bit of tomato paste to have a more red and consistent sauce, I tried the uncooked sauce Neapolitan Style but I prefer cooked for about 10 minutes you get a more consistent and less watery sauce.

The cheese I am using whole milk Mozz the brand is called I think Italiano supremo, I get a box of 4 - 5lbs bags for $44.00 already shredded.
Regards Leo.

Offline Pizzaboyo

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 06:12:51 PM »
Great pizzas, great set up and great idea. Best of luck man.
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth.

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 07:02:09 PM »
Thank you much Pizzaboyo, I will keep posting my progress. :chef:
Regards Leo.

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 12:02:41 AM »
Polo,

I think it's great what you are doing, especially getting a customer base from selling from your house. If you ever decide to open up a place your customers are already established and from the looks of your pizza you should do really well.

I also have a WFO, but still trying to make a good NY pie, I'm going to give your recipe a try this weekend and see if they come out as good as yours look.  I'm in orange county so we are kinda neighbors.

vince

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 12:20:19 AM »
Hey Vince I hope this recipe is useful i was using 59% hydration but when stretching took a little longer to get 18" so adjusted to 60% and really made a difference I can get 19 or 20" easily,  i use all trumps but king arthur works great to oven its around 650-680 even 700, hope this works for you neighbor.
Regards Leo.

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 12:28:16 AM »
Thanks, I want to try All Trumps flour, but I don't have a business license to by at Restaurant Depot.  hopefully some one can direct me to a place to buy All Trumps in orange county

Thanks,

Vince

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 12:55:59 AM »
Thanks, I want to try All Trumps flour, but I don't have a business license to by at Restaurant Depot.  hopefully some one can direct me to a place to buy All Trumps in orange county

Thanks,

Vince

Just got to get on the phone.

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 09:20:07 AM »
I think you can get some all trumps, online, amazon has it,
Regards Leo.

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 02:18:55 AM »
Hello my friends another succesful sell,  sold out 28 pies in a couple of hours I will share pictures of some of my pies ciao.
Regards Leo.

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 03:39:52 PM »
Polo,  congrats on your sell out!! Your pies look delicious.

I tried you recipe this week end but I used KABF, oven was around 720F with a 3min bake time.  Don't know what it was but the crumb was too dense and chewy (I'm sure I screwed it up somehow) I'm trying to get more of an open crust.  I ordered some All Trumps this past week and should get it by this coming week, cant wait to give it a try being that I have never used it.

Here are a few pics I took with my tablet

Vince

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 09:04:23 PM »
Is the cheese Supremo Italiano  ? thats our resturant Depot brand. The fresh Mozz.  is Very good as well !
Iwould pay for one of those anyday !!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 09:07:58 PM »
If you're selling out, why are you making so few pizzas?

Oh the pizzas look great by the way.

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »
It was my 3rd pizza sell I wanted to be sure it wasnt a fluke but this saturday I noticed that is for real people like my product so I am making more dough for next saturday and also will add caesar salad and lasagna.
Regards Leo.

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 05:25:47 PM »
Yes john supremo italiano whole milk mozz from rest depot thanks for the comment
Regards Leo.

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 05:30:11 PM »
Hey vince not sure what happened with your dough,  but definitely by looking at it looks a little different than mine did you cold fermented for 2 days?
Regards Leo.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »
It was my 3rd pizza sell I wanted to be sure it wasnt a fluke but this saturday I noticed that is for real people like my product so I am making more dough for next saturday and also will add caesar salad and lasagna.
That's great Polo, I'll bet you sell a lot of salads too.  Pizaa and/or Lasagna and a few salads makes for a nice "no cooking" Saturday evening for your customers.  ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 06:58:55 PM »
Thank you bob,  hopefully keeps going the same way,  I will increase the dough balls this coming weekend,  definitely not an easy task since I also have a daily job and some other activies and I am doing it by my self but I love so much pizza making that i have to put an extra effort to achieve my goals thanks for the inspiration at this forum I am 29 years old and full of energy I will keep posting my progress
Regards Leo.

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 09:08:52 PM »
Polo,

Yes, I cold fermented for two days.  I was thinking about it yesterday and I think I over kneaded the dough, and the oven was too hot.

I have the All Trumps Flour being delivered this week, so I'm really gonna pay close attention to the kneeding process and oven temp.

good luck with your pizza business

Vince