Author Topic: Frozen pizza dough  (Read 1932 times)

Phil

Frozen pizza dough
« on: April 05, 2005, 01:19:52 AM »
Hello everyone. I'm a former pizza shop owner. Ive decided to get back in the buissness. I am currently looking into locations and purchasing equipment. I have been thinking of goin with frozen pizza dough instead of buying a mixer and making my own (like i use too). Does anyone use frozen dough here? I make a thin crust pie (Ny style) so im not sure what route to go but if I could pull off frozen it seems like I could save alot of time in prep.

thanks

Phil in Ct

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Frozen pizza dough
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 01:46:56 AM »
I'd like to know if anyone makes a cracker crust frozen dough ball...
anyone...
anyone...
Bueller?..
Bueller?

Offline fridaypizzaguy

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 03:45:40 PM »
Phil,

I use Wenner dough.  I used to buy dough from local pizza places but what they sold me was always the older stuff and it was very scabby.  I live in southeastern ct. and buy the dough at tri-town.  It comes 1 lb/bag and costs ~ $1.20/ball.  Again, I think it's the best frozen.

Good Luck,
Fridaypizzaguy

Offline Perk

• Supporting Member
  • Dreams of Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 10:35:33 AM »
Phil,

I use Wenner dough.  I used to buy dough from local pizza places but what they sold me was always the older stuff and it was very scabby.  I live in southeastern ct. and buy the dough at tri-town.  It comes 1 lb/bag and costs ~ $1.20/ball.  Again, I think it's the best frozen.

Good Luck,
Fridaypizzaguy

Here is a link
http://wenner-bread.com/pizza.htm

-Dave
Jacksonville Fl.

pizzapan