Author Topic: help with my mobile oven tent !  (Read 2682 times)

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
help with my mobile oven tent !
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:29:26 PM »
  looking to have a 10 by 10 tent done for my mobile oven. i need opinions on color choice and final graphic designs. looking for critical opinions as this is an expensive addition and i want it to be a effective marketing tool.thanks larry

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
Re: help with my mobile oven tent !
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 01:36:25 PM »
Larry,

I think that the lettering is easier to read on the blue,  both the top and the banner on the bottom.

Deb

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 02:59:41 PM »
Larry,

In general, I like the color red, and think it is a more alive and vibrant color that brings in the red of the San Marzano tomatoes used for the Neapolitan pizzas. That is more compelling to me than the "basil" green. Blue does not do anything for me personally.

I also like the multiple placements of the Beautiful Flame statements, to allow viewing from different angles.

Peter
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:02:25 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline redox

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:10:12 PM »
Particularly since you're talking NP pizza, can you use green, white and red colors, or does that add extra cost? You know, without making it look too much like the Italian flag.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:11:43 PM by redox »

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 03:10:19 PM »
I normally like the idea of red too. It just seems for that is too much red. It needs some other colors to tone it a down a bit. However, it looks like it will be awesome.

Offline parallei

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 03:15:06 PM »
The green doesn't do anything for me.  I like the blue the best.  That might be because it has been pretty warm in Denver and the hot red color seems unappealing to me in the heat!

Online jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 03:24:45 PM »
Can you have the font slightly bolder so its easier to read? Particularly the bottom. Also on the top could you have one panel say The Beautiful Flame and another say Wood Fired Pizza or Pizza Napolitana or something? I'm thinking of people being able to see what you sell from a distance especially since the bottom panel could get obstructed from passers by or a line.
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 05:17:40 PM »
 thanks, i defiantly need to add wood fired to a panel. i am considering blue because of napoli soccer uses blue for their home colors. i have a shirt that has my truck on the back and the naploi soccer logo on the front. red and green are the colors of my new table coverings so the red tent would go with both and red does excite. thanks for you input.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 05:45:13 PM »
+1 for red.

I can't imagine many of your clients know the Napoli soccer colors.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 05:48:25 PM »
Red is good, but 10x10 is very small. 12x12 or 10 by 16 maybe?

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 07:08:47 PM »
 craig, oberlin and surrounding areas are very well traveled and soccer is a major sport :-D. just kidding!

tom you are right a 12 by 12 would be perfect i have one and usually use it for bigger events  i have also feed a group of 225 out of my 10 by 10. i have a follow vehicle that houses back up dough .as well as anything else i might need. i am looking at a option for smaller jobs that i hope to get referrals from. i try to sell one job at every event i do. i think this would add a professional finish that will help sell the pricing i am asking for. today we did a job that the contact person had a hard time convincing his family to spend such a large some of money on a "pizza party" they paid the bill and tipped out my help very generously. the selling of the party is the hardest part, I'm hopping this might help. 1st picture 225 from a 10 by 10. 2nd my 12 by 12. i have not been able to find a 12 by 12 that is available for personalization.

Offline redox

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 07:15:22 PM »
Nah, they'd get it, not too many of his clients are Texans, I'll wager.

scott123

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »
Red is certainly the most attention getting, and fits in the with flame theme the best, but, imo, your pizza is the most attention getting aspect of your operation, so you might not need a red tent.

The best looking mobile operations that I've seen have a consistent color palette for every aspect of the business.  The truck color, the oven colors, the shirts, the pants, the hats, the tablecloths, the dishes- everything.  And it's not just choosing one color and making sure everything matches it.  It's a combination of 2 or 3 colors that look good together. You mentioned Napoli soccer- I think sports teams are a pretty good analogy here- multiple color branding.  The only difference is a greater aesthetic awareness. Some team colors look great with each other, but some are incredibly garish.

I could give you some combinations that I like, but, at the end of the day, these 2-3 colors should be your brand.

Once you have your colors chosen, then you purchase everything based on that palette.  One thing that's important to be aware of is that if you choose something like red, it can't be every hue of red.  For instance, the Napoli shirts are a royal blue, and the tent is  navy.  Very few people would be conscious of it, but there's a bit more red in the tent (a slight purple-ish hue), and, on a subconscious level, these two colors would clash.  You can go lighter and darker of the same color, but you don't want to mess with the hue. Imo, it's better to have a red tent and royal blue shirts then a navy tent and royal blue shirts.

Btw, this tent will never appear without the oven, right?  If the customers are seeing the real oven in front of them, you don't need to repeat it three more times on the tent. Once you get rid of the oven, that should let you increase the font for a bit better legibility.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a matter of font selection, but the phone number looks a lot tackier than your company name. I would think about removing the number.  People are most likely not going to have a pen and paper at a party- or to take the time to put your number in a smart phone.  They will remember your website, though, and, if they want your number, you should have cards in a cardholder available (possibly even on both sides of the tent). It's a lot easier to grab a business card than to either write or type a phone number.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:22:03 PM by scott123 »

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 11:03:30 PM »
scott, thank you i am going to make the changes monday will probably purchase from this company unless i can find a 12 by 12. red is the color i'm going with. it compliments my new table cloths that i have on order.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 11:12:47 PM »
Have you tried plugging in gold color for the print against the red? Maybe gold just on the top canopy?
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

scott123

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 11:25:02 PM »
will probably purchase from this company unless i can find a 12 by 12.

Sounds good, Larry.  One more thing you might want to think about is that you're probably paying big bucks for the whole package.  Custom printed outdoor banners can't be that expensive.  You can get a forum member (like me) to mock up the design, send that to a local print shop and save a great deal of cash. The text on the tent, though, would be trickier.  If you could live without the text on the tent, or possibly hang a second banner from the tent, I think you could do this for far less money.

It might be difficult to match the color of an off the shelf tent with a custom printed banner, but, you might want to do what I talked about above and go with different colors. Doing it this way, you might even be able to have multiple banners in different colors for different occasions.

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 11:41:22 PM »
I have a banner that u use for events. This would be for smaller events. The way that the self contained oven and work station are very professional I'm hoping this will give my set up a better look

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 11:49:52 PM »
I have a banner that u use for events. This would be for smaller events. The way that the self contained oven and work station are very professional I'm hoping this will give my set up a better look

That's a good point. I mean if you pick up 1 extra even by having a very professional looking setup that would pay for the difference.

Offline CopperTop

• La cucina e per passione
    • Confessions of a Pizza Stalker
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 06:09:37 AM »
Larry,

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Sharlene

Offline pizza truck

• I Love Pizza!
    • BigGreenTruckPizza
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 11:31:25 AM »
If you have already purchased the tent read no further. If still considering let me add the following. The tent you show seems like it was designed for product shows. It looks professional, but it suggests that you are part of a row of shops selling similar products. I would look for something that says the opposite. I would look for either a more modern, dramatic style or go old fashioned with a multi colored, canvas pole design like the old circus tents. Also, if this is something that is going to be set up in people's back yards, they may not want something that says your trade name in huge letters. You have a very nice, clean setup in your pictures. I would not be concerned that you need to do more to look professional - you already do, especially compared to many of the others in similar operations. You mention people being unwilling to pay your price "for pizzas" up front but at the end being perfectly happy with the price for the service provided. This is just the challenge of introducing a new service. We have been doing this now in our area for 10 years and people have come to understand a pizza truck party as something different than the old pizza parties they had in junior high - you are not getting a few pizzas in cardboard boxes but a crew of people to make fresh pies for you right there in front of your guests. People who have seen our parties have no problem with the price so I would say the main challenge is to get out, do more parties so people see what in fact you do. You have a nice product, and people are responding well it sounds like. Don't worry about appearing more professional, just get out and the volume will build. Even if you need to do some parties for free for churches, schools, clubs, friends, you will build awareness of your product in the broader market.