Author Topic: self build pizza oven  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Linda3012

• I Love Pizza!
self build pizza oven
« on: July 15, 2013, 06:24:21 AM »
 :chef:  Hi all, I am new to the forum, and joined to see if anyone can help. We would like to build a pizza oven in the garden, we live in Manchester, United Kingdom, we have been doing some research, but need ideas and tips, the pre cast ovens are so expensive, will it be cheaper to build one from scratch? what insulation is needed, and what sort of tiles or bricks are needed for the floor of the oven to hold the heat?
thanks Linda.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: self build pizza oven
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:29:02 AM »
Linda, all your answers can be found through the search function. Once on a particular topic you then ask a question if still needed. That's how I do it. Better results.  ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline kiwipete

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »
Although there are a number of threads on this forum about building a pizza oven, the forum focus is more on making pizza.

For more info about building, have a look at the Forno Bravo forum. http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/

Cheers

Peter V.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »
:chef:  Hi all, I am new to the forum, and joined to see if anyone can help. We would like to build a pizza oven in the garden, we live in Manchester, United Kingdom, we have been doing some research, but need ideas and tips, the pre cast ovens are so expensive, will it be cheaper to build one from scratch? what insulation is needed, and what sort of tiles or bricks are needed for the floor of the oven to hold the heat?
thanks Linda.

For sure it will be cheaper, but i all depends how fancypancy oven you want. You can spend thousands even making oven by yourself...

I dry stacked a pizza oven just a while ago. It can produce very high quality pizza and its very cheap and ultimately easy to make.
It might not be what your looking for, but if you like to test real oven without spending lot of money this is the way to go.

You can look it here:
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,25656.0.html

pizzapan