Author Topic: 5 Stagioni Red Bag  (Read 1916 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: 5 Stagioni Red Bag
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 12:26:33 AM »
I was thinking that the 5 Stagioni Neapolitan was a relatively new product?
Pizza is not bread.

scott123

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 12:31:06 AM »
This was from a conversation I had with Larry (thezaman) at John's house a couple months back and the details are fuzzy. It relates to a conversation Larry had at the expo (I want to say Esposito?). I do recall Larry saying that Caputo didn't have the market share in Naples and that another brand dominated. I think it's this.

Offline Alex Palmer

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 11:33:46 PM »
Its the same here when it comes to Caputo flour. Hard to get. I am lucky to have a distributor who operates nearby who has exclusive right to sell Le 5 Stagioni in Australia.
But I finally found a store that will be selling Caputo soon.
Craig , you have used both flours right ? Could you tell me the difference between the two?

Just wondering if you could tell me where in Melbourne i can get Le 5 Stagioni from? Can't find any information anywhere at all and would love to get a bag. Also on average how much does it cost? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Offline rockmes

• Gotta have a wood oven
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 07:30:20 PM »
Campoli foods . Zanchi imports did have the contract but recently lost it to Campoli.
Should cost about $40 to $50 a 20kg bag
If you want Caputo flour , Complete food services has it for roughly the same price.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:32:56 PM by rockmes »

Offline Totti

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 04:32:05 AM »
Basile are the distributors for Caputo. I can sell you a bag retail if you can't get it wholesale.

Offline Alex Palmer

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 06:11:24 AM »
Thanks so much guys! Will get a bag this week and let the journey begin. It's really strange, i went to Mediterranean wholesalers and they told me they'd never even heard of either 5 Stagioni or Caputo. My Sicilian sous chef said that even in Italy 5 Stagioni is kinda hard to get. Bizarre. It's like the pizza mafia doesn't want us to have the good stuff. In your guys experience which flour is better (i know people have different definitions of better but more like the pies posted in the previous page) and does using 5 Stagioni or Caputo make a big difference compared to standard "Fine Italian 00 Pizza Flour"? Thanks again dudes...

Offline Alex Palmer

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 06:28:37 AM »
Basile are the distributors for Caputo. I can sell you a bag retail if you can't get it wholesale.

I might actually take you up on that if i can't get my hands on either. I looked on Campoli's website and cant find it listed. Will call then though. Where abouts are you in Melbourne?

Offline Totti

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 06:45:06 AM »

I might actually take you up on that if i can't get my hands on either. I looked on Campoli's website and cant find it listed. Will call then though. Where abouts are you in Melbourne?

No dramas at all. I'm located in Balwyn and can get you a bag mid next week. Pm me if you'd like a bag and ill message you details! :)