Author Topic: Totally Different Pizza from the same dough  (Read 1863 times)

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: Totally Different Pizza from the same dough
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »
I agree and disagree. It didn't take me very long and I would call it quite simple, but that was after doing research before ever buying an ingredient and using all the information here. This forum literally saved me probably hundreds of dollars and tens of hours in poor pizza making. This site allows it to be "simple" if you're ok with following recipes and halfwayI decent in a kitchen its pretty easy to use others formulas that they labored over perfecting. I know that's what I did. It depends on if you count all the time I spent reading and researching (which was quite extensive because I didn't wanna go through too much trial and error). If you do it wasn't simple at all. If you don't then pizza came fairly naturally to me then.

This is a good question. I have been making pizza for probably close to 20 years. I had a steep learning curve with many disasters and cuss words. But along the way, and sometimes early on, I did make some really good pizzas. I think the thing that is hard is doing it consistently, being able to make a great pizza whenever you want, no matter what the weather, your equipment limitations, etc.  That is what requires mastery. You can't get that kind of mastery until you have been at it for a good long time. Or you are a pizza genius. 

Regards,

TinRoof

Offline stegosaurus!

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 11:07:09 PM »
This is a good question. I have been making pizza for probably close to 20 years. I had a steep learning curve with many disasters and cuss words. But along the way, and sometimes early on, I did make some really good pizzas. I think the thing that is hard is doing it consistently, being able to make a great pizza whenever you want, no matter what the weather, your equipment limitations, etc.  That is what requires mastery. You can't get that kind of mastery until you have been at it for a good long time. Or you are a pizza genius. 

Regards

TinRoof
exactly!
"I don't tell you how to surf, farm, make movies, or anything else that California is famous for. Don't tell us what is and isn't in our pizza." - Scott123

Offline RockyMountainPie

• I Knead Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 04:02:18 AM »
Amazing oven spring Norma!  Looks delicious as is usual for you.

Below is my 2nd attempt using this same recipe of yours (scaled for a 14 inch pizza).  It's funny because as I opened mine tonight, I also tried very hard not to compress the rim at all and my results were markedly better than my first attempt.  I really like this recipe!  Thanks again for your fantastic posts. 

--Tim

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 07:31:30 AM »

Below is my 2nd attempt using this same recipe of yours (scaled for a 14 inch pizza).  It's funny because as I opened mine tonight, I also tried very hard not to compress the rim at all and my results were markedly better than my first attempt.  I really like this recipe!  Thanks again for your fantastic posts. 

--Tim

Tim,

Your pizza looks perfect to me in the nice round shape, good rim browning and airy crumb structure.  Great job all around.   :chef: :pizza:

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!