Author Topic: Any ideas in finding ways to get more foot traffic to my area at market  (Read 14159 times)

Offline patnx2

Re: Any ideas in finding ways to get more foot traffic to my area at market
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2013, 12:53:03 AM »

great selection of music. You talk good and do good with the students. Thanks ,Patrick  Where in Ohio is your school. I will be taking a road trip in Sept and Oct and .... We will be visiting the north part of  Ohio along the lake. Be nice to drop in and buy a pizza  and chat. Patrick
Patrick

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2013, 07:05:03 AM »
Norma: I  am often challanged to let myself out uncensored but life is always a challange or we would be dead.  My mind gets in the way and starts to tell me a million reasons why I shouldn't.    The soul is quiet, loving, forgiving, peaceful, and the head is frantic, critical, scared, wanting to not make waves/fit in.  Luckily my soul usually wins out.  I have learned to let my head have its moment of control and then relax and let the soul have some space.

Patrick:  We are located in Newark, OH at Newark HS.  We would love for you to stop by.  Ideally you can make during school hours and see the operation.  If not I can meet you anytime and we still can make pizza.  Here is our menu with address and phone number.  Thanks for considering visiting us.   Walter

http://www.newarkcityschools.org/content_page2.aspx?cid=1032

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:09:12 AM by waltertore »

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2013, 06:32:56 PM »
Norma,

Those new signs look great.  Using them yet?   If so are sales up?
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2013, 07:45:09 PM »
Norma,

Those new signs look great.  Using them yet?   If so are sales up?

Nate,

Thanks for saying the new sign and posters look great!  I just picked them up on Friday, so no I didn't use them yet.  I didn't get to Walmart to get lamination papers to laminate the posters and don't know if I will get there sometime this next week.  I also have to ask market management if I allowed to put up the new posters on the bulletin boards.  I was painting the shelves that are on the one side of my stand today and trying to reduce clutter there so my stand looks better.  I did email market management on Friday, but I don't know when they will respond to some questions I had.

Norma   
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2013, 01:00:14 PM »
I got to pick up the A-frame sign and the posters today.  As can be seen when my pizzas are transferred onto a sign the pizzas look somewhat blurry.  I have to laminate the posters before I can use them.

I also found these coupons while I was at market today.  I didn't know if I had thrown them away or not.  My oldest daughter and my granddaughters boyfriend tried to give them to people in the main midway, in the main market buildings and hung some in the bathrooms a few years ago.  The only people that used the coupons were standholders.  No one would take any of the coupons that were not standholders.  I made the coupons on my computer.  I was trying to sell more items back then.

I brought the big A-frame sign home and am going to work on it Sunday if I find time.

Norma

now you are cooking Norma!   The signs look great.  You might want to check out a print shop for laminating.  They have big roller machines that will seal them all in one shot vs. the small laminate pieces you get at Walmart.  Make sure you go a 1/4" or so past the edges of the posters.  This will help keep them from delaminating in humidity and such.  I laminate all our recipe cards this way and they never wear out.  We even wash them in the sink when they get gunked up with batter and such.  Walter
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:02:42 PM by waltertore »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2013, 06:15:30 PM »
now you are cooking Norma!   The signs look great.  You might want to check out a print shop for laminating.  They have big roller machines that will seal them all in one shot vs. the small laminate pieces you get at Walmart.  Make sure you go a 1/4" or so past the edges of the posters.  This will help keep them from delaminating in humidity and such.  I laminate all our recipe cards this way and they never wear out.  We even wash them in the sink when they get gunked up with batter and such.  Walter

Walter,

I have to check out a print shop for laminating.  I know laminating papers don't cost much at Walmart and have also used them, but I am open to new ideas for laminating.  I will make sure I go 1/4” or so past the edges of the posters.  I haven't had any problems with laminating before and wiping stuff, or it getting wet, but it is better to be safe than sorry.  Those images for my posters and sign are copyrighted by Lititiz Sign Company now, so I am not sure if I can copy any of them.  I just wish the photo of the pizzas were clearer and the cheese didn't look like it was running into the rest of the pizza. 

I was surprised when I got home today and looked at my facebook page and saw Root's Country Market & Auction posted this.  “Want to know a well-kept secret about Root's on Tuesdays? There is a delicious pizza stand in Area 4. They are the only stand on the grounds with hot, cheesy, handmade pizza. Check out Norma's Pizza for yourself”.   I had no idea Root's management was going to post that, but that was really nice.  ;D  https://www.facebook.com/RootsMarket?hc_location=timeline 

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2013, 08:02:24 PM »
These are the signs I had on the front of my pizza stand for seating for customers.  Root's management had told me a long while ago that anyone can sit in the seats right inside D'Agostino's Variety Store.  It is also air-conditioned inside that variety store, so that was nice.  I just found out last week by a customer that there isn't seating anymore inside D'Agostino's Variety Store.  I really don't know what is the scoop with that, but now the only place I can send customers if they want to sit down is outside at the end of building #4.  That is at the end of D'Agostino's Variety Store.  It can see how far it is compared to my van.  The signs for seating came down today because I don't want to confuse customers, or other people as to where they can sit. 

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »
My friend Dave showed me some photos he took on his cell phone of the pizza sign that was hung up above over at area #2 right outside of where our old caramel corn stand was.  I had sent market management an email about not making that sign, because I thought why should they go to the bother of making a sign that would hang up high.  Later today I went over to check it out and take a photo of it.  If anyone remembers, I was not allowed to put a A-frame sign outside in the miday because Mr. Bill's Grill also sells pizza until he leaves for winter.  I went over to Mr. Bill's Grill to check out his pizzas.  I saw on Mr. Bill Grill's menu sign that it had some kind of tape over the pizza part of the sign.  I wondered why was up with that so I asked the one woman if they don't sell pizzas anymore.  She said they don't sell pizzas anymore, but I should talk to Bill.  Bill told me no, he doesn't sell pizzas as of this year because he had to throw away too many slices because they went bad before anyone purchased them.  I told Bill I wasn't allowed to put an A-frame sign in the main midway because of him selling pizzas.  Bill told me he doesn't mind if I put an A-frame sign in the main midway and I could tell market management to talk to him about that.  Bill said the only way he might change his mind is if he sold his stand someday to someone else and they wanted to sell pizzas. 

My new A-frame sign was on Lititz Rd. today. 

These also are two photos I took of the pizzas they sell at the restaurant in building #5.

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2013, 08:05:51 AM »
How about a nice big orange/red arrow pointing to the right attached to the top of the A-frame sign Norma?
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2013, 08:29:46 AM »
How about a nice big orange/red arrow pointing to the right attached to the top of the A-frame sign Norma?

Bob,

Do you mean an arrow on the A-frame sign I have on Lititz Rd. now?  I did email management at Root's maybe about another A-frame sign in the main midway since Bill said it was okay with him.  I still didn't get an answer about the big pizza flutter flag I would like to have in back of my area outside.  I also emailed other things and said if market management wanted to talk with me in person to let me know when that would be convenient for them.  I am going to get the posters laminated this week and asked if I could put them up too.

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2013, 08:41:37 AM »
Sounds like you're really determined and staying after things on your rejuvenated marketing campaign Norma...that's great!
Yes, I am talking about the new sign on Lititz...I realize it has a small direction arrow at the bottom but if you could attach a nice big bright(dayglow color)onto the top of your sign it might stick out/attract more attention. I think those big arrows really attract the eye whenever I see them in parking lots like at the State Fair.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »
Sounds like you're really determined and staying after things on your rejuvenated marketing campaign Norma...that's great!
Yes, I am talking about the new sign on Lititz...I realize it has a small direction arrow at the bottom but if you could attach a nice big bright(dayglow color)onto the top of your sign it might stick out/attract more attention. I think those big arrows really attract the eye whenever I see them in parking lots like at the State Fair.

Bob,

I am not really progressing as fast as I want on doing what I can, but am trying.  Life gets in the way sometimes and with my granddaughter and great-grandaughter living with me now.  Things can get hectic at times. :-D

Your idea about dayglow arrows is good.  8)  I will have to see where they can be purchased.

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »
Here you go Norma. 
Place the sticker on a piece of plastic/plexi-glass....two screws through the face of this arrow into a stick behind it and then attach the stick to your sign.  :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BVWZS6/?tag=pizzamaking-20

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2013, 01:36:12 PM »
Here you go Norma. 
Place the sticker on a piece of plastic/plexi-glass....two screws through the face of this arrow into a stick behind it and then attach the stick to your sign.  :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BVWZS6/?tag=pizzamaking-20

Bob,

Thanks so much for the link and how to attach the sticker.  ;)

Norma