the next three days I have planned to do some metal works. A friend is gonna help me with getting the oven mouth together.
It's a 600mm x 450mm metal plate (12mm thick) in which we will cut the mouth, a half circle with a 230mm radius.
I have also decided to reduce my oven diameter by 10cm down to 80cm for the following reasons:
1. It seems that the biscotti di Sorrento come in 40cm or 50cm radius.
2. The oven mass gets reduced so the heat-up time will be quicker.
3. I will have more space for insulation.
For the next weekend a have planned a couple of things:
1. Watch the finals in the soccer world champion ship with maybe one or two cold beers.
2. Move my oven slap to it's final place with the help of a forklift truck but with a reduce hight so building the oven will be in a friendly working altitude. When the oven is ready the whole thing has just to be lifted up and not moved horizontally.
3. Put the Perlite/cement insulation layer onto the slap and layout the ceramic fiber boards.
4. Cut some bricks.
So for cutting the sailors I could use some advice:
What would be the right angle to cut the top corner of the bricks? My oven has a diameter of 80cm and a low vault of 36cm.
The sailors will not stand on the biscotti (4,5cm thick) and have a hight of 25cm.
Attached you can see me trying out a layout with my ceramic fiber boards.