Author Topic: Looking to finally buy  (Read 316 times)

Offline Fire-n-smoke

Looking to finally buy
« on: February 19, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
Well these past weeks with all the snow and cold was really depressing for the wife and I and since she was at a conference in Florida I decided to fly down and extend her stay a lttle so we could thaw out.  Headed to EPCOT for a visit to Via Napoli, had a funghi pie with added prosciutto and a nice bottle of wine.  Wife loved it.  We then started talking of "maybe" getting a WFO.  Long story short, got home to more snow....the wet and heavy kind.  Couple days later, whammo, rear roof collapsed destroyng our outdoor rec area; grills, tables, chairs, plumbing to kitchen area, electric, and the hottub.  After the shock we started talking and looks like we are rebuilding a new outdoor kitchen, and she is ok with skipping a new hottub and putting in a .....yep  :)  a WFO.  So I've been looking at the Acunto threads and Craigs thread also and am leaning towards a Mario!  So I have a question to Craig, when we entertain there are usually atleast twenty or more so do you think a classico 5 will work or should I go bigger?  And a question to JConk is when I am ready to pick and order would I order through you here or go to the website where you are working with the young lady named ellie?
Also, any other feedback from everyone is greatly appreiciated.
thanks
tom

Offline shuboyje

Re: Looking to finally buy
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 05:39:01 PM »
Just remember traditional Neapolitan ovens are no weather tight  so it will need protection from the elements. 
-Jeff

Offline Fire-n-smoke

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:26:16 PM »
Just remember traditional Neapolitan ovens are no weather tight  so it will need protection from the elements.

I'm planning on building a covered pavillion and where the oven would sit would be on the closed end....out of the elements.  One question though is can the oven handle sitting in a cold area?

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 01:45:24 PM »
can the oven handle sitting in a cold area?
Make sure you get the answer in writing. Many manufacturer void the warranty if the oven is exposed to freezing.
For example on my oven I stipulate that the ovens are designed to support freezing temperature and can be used in such conditions.

This project sounds very exiting. I look forward to some pictures.

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.

pizzapan