There have been several threads about the building the FGM 950 oven. I purchased the 950C raised about a year ago, started the build last spring and finally completed the final touches. Instead of focusing on the oven build details which have been thoroughly discussed, I will show some details of ht enclosure build, as I spent significantly more time and effort on that aspect.
The oven went together fairly smoothly however I made a few "adjustments" with my high speed grinder wheel for improved fitting which in reality was not needed.
Being in the SF bay area and having experienced several quakes, I decided to secure the oven to the base. I found 1/4 inch stainless steel cable and turnbuckles from a boating supply shop. Drilled through the concrete base (only hitting rebar once) and strapped the oven using the cable and tightening the cable under the base using turnbuckles.
I added the three layers on insulation, including wrapping insulation up and over the flue connector. I had some leftover radiant barrier foil (from my attic project) and used this instead on Reynolds wrap, securing with aluminum tape.
I spent considerable time looking at enclosure designs on the internet before deciding on my design. I wanted a low profile flat (actually 1" drop per 3 ft) roof for a "modern" design, while keeping the facade consistent with the recently remodeled back yard. I actually built a wooden frame as a model before having the final frame built using 2" box stainless steel. The flat roof had several support ribs. I screwed sheet steel to the bottom inside surface to hold the concrete as poured. I added some steel studs to help secure the Durock. I also applied Redguard water resistance layer to the Durock before the metal lath and scratch coat. The stone work was done by my landscaper.
I used Selkirk products for the Chimney. 3 foot piece + 9 inch piece. The base at the top of the chimney column is also poured concrete which had about 1/4 inch space to the chimney. I filled this with high temp caulk. I added the Selkirk storm collar and caulked all seams, topping off with the cap.
The FGM oven design is such that the chimney is very close to the front door. I designed the enclosure as close to the chimney insulation as possible to try to prevent the brick arch from being inset too far. I also requested the thinnest rock be selected near the arch. The landscaper actually grinded a recessed hole for the thermometer. Initially I was planning on using a digital thermometer but changed my mind.
No photos of pizza yet, still working on a good dough recipe using my Bosch mixer ( but that's another thread).
Hit the attachment limit so will continue with a few more photos.