Author Topic: Getting there ?  (Read 617 times)

Offline doughjockey

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Getting there ?
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »
This forum has to be the premier pizza information source on the net, reading the posts constantly challenges  expectations for better and better results. Particularly valuable are the patient, in depth explanations and discussions from prominent contributors. The pie pictured, according to the missus was so far the best yet, and the credit belongs to this forum.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:05:24 PM by doughjockey »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Getting there ?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:49:37 PM »
doughjockey,

Very nice job. You have been a good student ;D.

Peter

Offline Tannerwooden

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 02:21:40 AM »
The pie pictured, according to the missus was so far the best yet,

Looks pretty darn good to me! Were you unsatisfied with it in some way?

Offline gfgman

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:38:48 AM »
That's a boss looking pie.  Can you give us the deets?  Sauce, chesse, dough, bake temp and time, etc?

Offline doughjockey

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 04:56:17 PM »
Looks pretty darn good to me! Were you unsatisfied with it in some way?
TW, I thought the dough was very "bready", and I am not able yet to produce consistently good doughs. Recipe, always meticulously followed, yet every time there is some difference. This applies to my other cooking as well, so maybe "get used to it" is the way.

Gus

Offline doughjockey

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 05:05:26 PM »
That's a boss looking pie.  Can you give us the deets?  Sauce, chesse, dough, bake temp and time, etc?

Thanks for the question gfgman. Sauce is uncooked tomato paste, tomato diced, garlic, salt pepper, and a teaspoon each of oregano, basil and thyme, a little olive oil. Topping was mozzarella and bocconcini, caramelised onion, mushroom sauteed, with onion, garlic, white wine and cream, home made ham and smoked sausage. The dough was Lehmann, no oil or sugar, fermented 48hours.  Baked @ 700F for 3.5 mins.
Cheers,
Gus
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:40:39 PM by doughjockey »

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »
Thanks for the question gfgman. Sauce is uncooked tomato paste, tomato diced, garlic, salt pepper, and a teaspoon each of oregano, basil and thyme, a little olive oil. Mozzarella and bocconcini, caramelised onion, mushroom sauteed, with onion, garlic, white wine and cream, home made ham and smoked sausage. The dough was Lehmann, no oil or sugar, fermented 48hours.  Baked @ 700F for 3.5 mins.
Cheers,
Gus

I have to say, that is an unusual sauce/topping combination but it sounds really wholesome, like a pizza to eat on a cold winter night. Looks and sounds great.
Josh