Author Topic: Is the Blackstone Oven what digital was to Photography?  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Roman

• I Love Pizza!
Is the Blackstone Oven what digital was to Photography?
« on: July 17, 2013, 05:25:53 AM »
There are passions and there are professions. At time they blur in the forums. I take photos for a living and could not have made the digital transition without the information gained through forums. It appears there is a parallel to that tipping point in Pizza making to the mass availability of producing a predictably good photo inexpensively. As in Photography, there is a "personal aesthetic" that will seperate one pizza from the other, but we are arriving at an inexpensive deliverable common ground to all that would previously take far more money and information to produce. It will be interesting to see where everyone's personal Blackstone Oven experience will take this.

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: Is the Blackstone Oven what digital was to Photography?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:39:25 PM »
Interesting point Roman.  The interest this oven has generated is unprecedented.  It's so affordable that people who never seriously thought about a WFO have dived in. It's bound to yield some interesting results. 

Regards,

TinRoof

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 09:15:57 PM »
SPLASH !! :-D
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Roman

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:55:04 AM »
I'm in! Waiting for delivery. I am probably like many as a coss section, have been gaining much from the forum, dabling a bit in the shared art and tecniques, but have waited for that more affordable new mouse trap.  No longer a toe in the water for us, but full, high board belly smackers.