Author Topic: uuni site updated  (Read 673 times)

Offline jsperk

• I Love Pizza!
uuni site updated
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:03:56 PM »
Looks like it's shipping and taking new orders. I wanted one but I may end up getting a blackstone now.

http://uuni.net/

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
Re: uuni site updated
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 09:28:43 PM »
I dunno, looks like something quality-wise I would find at Ikea, even the name "Tapaninaho" sounds like one of their product names. I just checked shipping to Illinois and it was $80, so that makes it a total of $405. Blackstone is a much better oven and price ($370) unless you need your pizza oven to sit on a table. That constant knocking of the pellet chamber (see video) would drive me nuts. Besides, it's blind cooking. Go for the Blackstone and watch your pizza go round and round while it bakes! Take care!

Jim
The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »
I am with Jim,  I have a Blackstone, and while it is not perfect, it is pretty darn good.  I don't know enough about how this one operates, but don't know how you can avoid getting too much heat at the back, and not enough at the front (the BS addresses that by rotating the bottom stone) .   I also like that you can see the pie as it is cooking.  The Uuni would be an advantage if propane was really expensive or hard to come by, but otherwise, I think the BS has a bunch of advantages.

Offline jsperk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:37:29 PM »
Wow shipping was originally $35. Original cost to my house with shipping was $335 but the oven and shipping went up now. I haven't checked since the first orders were out.

Yea I definitely want the Blackstone. Just put a new roof on the house so I have to wait now. The pies look amazing off the b.s.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:31:05 PM »
I had never seen that. Very interesting. The size of that is a huge plus. However, having a blackstone, I wouldn't trade it for uuni. I would maybe trade it for it's weight in uni, but not uuni.

Online scott123

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 03:03:07 AM »
This oven, from what I can tell, blows pellet ash onto the pizza as it's baking.  I just wrote a comment on Kristian's blog asking him about it.

http://uuni.net/blogs/uuni/8369802-uuni-academy-making-a-pizza-with-uuni?comment=116840027#comments

Kristian, Iíve watched the videos, over and over again, and, while itís difficult to see whatís going on in the back of the baking chamber, it looks a lot like the ashes from the burning pellets are being blown onto the top of the pizza as itís baking.

Is this happening?

If this is not the case, could you describe (or, better yet, take a photo of) how your configuration prevents this from occurring?

pizzapan