Author Topic: How little most food writers know about Neapolitan Pizza  (Read 553 times)

Offline TXCraig1

How little most food writers know about Neapolitan Pizza
« on: July 21, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »
On a regular basis, I'm reminded just how little most food writers (let alone consumers) know about Neapolitan Pizza. For example, consider the picture chosen to represent Neapolitan-style pizza in this article about a new pizzeria to open north of Dallas. http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/food-drink/07-12-13-last-drop-tavern-denton-pizza-cane-rosso-cavalli/
Pizza is not bread.

Offline dmcavanagh

Re: How little most food writers know about Neapolitan Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 10:04:28 AM »
I thought for sure this was about a recent review on SLICE! >:D

Offline trosenberg

• Burning Desire for Pizza
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 10:18:57 AM »
I am always amazed about how little so called experts know about just about everything and how little effort is expended to learn.   When it comes to food publications there is a lot of misinformation doled out.   I have learned far more on this site about pizza than I have from any other source.   
Trosenberg

Offline dhorst

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »
Craig, send them a picture of one of yours.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 10:48:03 AM »
On a regular basis, I'm reminded just how little most food writers (let alone consumers) know about Neapolitan Pizza. For example, consider the picture chosen to represent Neapolitan-style pizza in this article about a new pizzeria to open north of Dallas. http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/food-drink/07-12-13-last-drop-tavern-denton-pizza-cane-rosso-cavalli/

Sadly, very similar to 'REAL' BBQ and many other things as you well know!! It may taste good, it may be good, but it IS NOT what you think it is or think you're paying for, like the seafood fake out that has been going on for years :( Smoke and mirrors, shell game, bait and switch stuff that will never stop! VERY annoying especially when one pays HIGH buck to get something that is not even close to the real deal.

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 11:16:05 AM »
Craig, send them a picture of one of yours.

^^^
Chaz