Author Topic: Getting the Blackstone oven from Cabela's  (Read 27257 times)

Offline Jackitup

Re: Getting the Blackstone oven from Cabela's
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2013, 11:19:10 AM »
Norma I wish I had 1/2 your energy!! You run circles around anyone on this Forum, AMAZING!!! :chef:

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »
Norma I wish I had 1/2 your energy!! You run circles around anyone on this Forum, AMAZING!!! :chef:

jon

Jon,

Thanks I do have lots of energy, but do get tired at times.  If I get tired I just take a nap.  That dang BS was harder to get in my van yesterday before going to Steve's and I sure can't understand that.  I was sweating a lot until I finally got the main body of the BS into the van.  I also was saying a few choice words.   :-D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Ronzo

• Supporting Member
  • Beer, freedom n' pizza...
    • New Texian Brewery
« Reply #242 on: October 07, 2013, 10:28:37 PM »
Agreed.
Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://newtexianbrew.com - http://ronlennex.com/ - http://pinterest.com/NewTexianBrew

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #243 on: October 08, 2013, 07:05:34 AM »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »
I made another De Lorenzo's attempt in the Blackstone unit today.  I used a frozen De Lorenzo/Sloan dough ball that had been frozen for almost 2 months.  The frozen dough ball looked a mess because I had taken some pieces out of it to do hydration tests.  I was surprised how good the De Lorenzo pizza turned out.  If anyone is interested the other photos are at Reply 869 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,25401.msg283523.html#msg283523  and the next posts.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2013, 06:00:48 PM »
These are a few of the photos from a De Lorenzo's tomato pie that was baked in the Blackstone unit.  If anyone is interested in seeing the other photos they are at Reply 904 and the next few posts after that.  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,25401.msg284391.html#msg284391 The temperature was taken up to about 658 degrees F and then dropped a little to about 651 degrees F when the tomato pie was slid into the oven.

The video was just of how fast the rim crust starts to rise in the Blackstone unit.  The video was started about 30 seconds after the tomato pie was slid into the Blackstone unit. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jThi3aC7qw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jThi3aC7qw</a>

Norma

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2013, 03:43:14 PM »
I stumbled onto the BS oven on Cabela's today looking for something else and I was surprised that only one buyer posted a review.  I didn't buy at Cabela's (I bought from GriddleGuru) or I would have included the PizzaMaking link (Getting the Blackstone oven from Cabela's) so new buyers could benefit from our experience.  Is it just me or do others rely on these reviews?

FWIIW, the only reviews I find credible include the bad with the good.  I often sort on the bad reviews first and see the extent of customer problems, if they aren't too severe, then I buy. 

Dave

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2013, 05:15:43 PM »
If anyone is interested I used the Daisy Organic Bread Flour to make a dough for a pizza in the Blackstone unit.  The other photos are at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,28364.msg286042.html#msg286042

In my opinion this was a different style of pizza that I did not make before.  The pizza was loaded into the BS at 729 degrees F and the bake time was short.

I am still really liking the Blackstone unit.   8)

Norma

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #248 on: November 03, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »
That's a nice looking pie Norma.  I should warn you about posting pictures like that -- Bobino's favorite style.  He'll move in.

Dave

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #249 on: November 03, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
That's a nice looking pie Norma.  I should warn you about posting pictures like that -- Bobino's favorite style.  He'll move in.

Dave

Thanks Dave!  Lol about Bob moving in because it might be his favorite style.  I already have a home filled with relatives living with me.  I will give him the formulation if he want it though. 

Norma

Offline Coon88

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2013, 10:17:54 PM »
Great looking pies, do you live in central pa area, if so where do you get your supplies? I found you can get adm flour at the restaurant store along with peels and such. How ever I haven't found a place to get natural casing pepperoni(grease cups). I tried karns,giant and weis with no luck. If you know of a place I would greatly appreciate it.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: November 29, 2013, 07:04:05 AM »
Great looking pies, do you live in central pa area, if so where do you get your supplies? I found you can get adm flour at the restaurant store along with peels and such. How ever I haven't found a place to get natural casing pepperoni(grease cups). I tried karns,giant and weis with no luck. If you know of a place I would greatly appreciate it.

Coon,

Thanks!  I do live in central Pa. near Lancaster.  I get my ingredients from a local cheese distributor, C.O. Nolt & Sons http://www.conolt.com/ and Hometown Provisions http://hometownprovisions.net/

I also have a one day a week pizza stand at Root's Market.  http://www.rootsmarket.com/standholders.asp  If you scroll down and click on the photo of Norma's Pizza you can see my pizza stand. 

I do get some of my supplies at the restaurant store.  I did try their adm flour.  I use All Trumps and the Occident flour for my market pizzas, but also use other flours. 

I don't know where to purchase natural casing pepperoni either.  I can ask around though.  Maybe I am missing it somewhere.  If you don't mind me asking where in Pa. are you located?

Norma

Offline Coon88

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #252 on: November 29, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »

I don't know where to purchase natural casing pepperoni either.  I can ask around though.  Maybe I am missing it somewhere.  If you don't mind me asking where in Pa. are you located?

Norma

I'm between Harrisburg and Hershey. The only place I did not try and probably would have these might be wegmans, I know hormel makes them but no store I tried has the natural choice and the giant I tried did not have boars head natural casing. I just love how they cup and get crispy on the edge, I only ever seen one pizza place use these and it was vocellis. Small chain from western pa but they had one we when I lived in WVa and the one in Harrisburg closed when I moved back here.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 08:50:45 AM by Coon88 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #253 on: November 29, 2013, 10:30:14 AM »
I'm between Harrisburg and Hershey. The only place I did not try and probably would have these might be wegmans, I know hormel makes them but no store I tried has the natural choice and the giant I tried did not have boars head natural casing. I just love how they cup and get crispy on the edge, I only ever seen one pizza place use these and it was vocellis. Small chain from western pa but they had one we when I lived in WVa and the one in Harrisburg closed when I moved back here.

Coon,

A lot of members like the Vermont Smoked Pepperoni.  http://www.vtsmokeandcure.com/Smoked-Pepperoni.html  I also really like it too.

Right now I forget the name of another pepperoni Steve (Ev) brought me to try, but I think he purchased it somewhere near Ephrata.  It also cupped and was good in my opinion.  I will ask around to see if I can find the pepperoni you are trying to find.

Norma

Offline Coon88

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2013, 11:25:07 AM »
Coon,

A lot of members like the Vermont Smoked Pepperoni.  http://www.vtsmokeandcure.com/Smoked-Pepperoni.html  I also really like it too.

Right now I forget the name of another pepperoni Steve (Ev) brought me to try, but I think he purchased it somewhere near Ephrata.  It also cupped and was good in my opinion.  I will ask around to see if I can find the pepperoni you are trying to find.

Norma

Thanks

Offline sledmaster

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2013, 07:31:37 PM »
Just got a new Cabella's print ad in the mail today, it shows the Blackstone oven will be on sale December 12-18 for $299.99. I am in Minnesota but it lists the website so one should be able to order it online on the 12th. It says "Sale prices good Dec. 12-18". Never seen it that low!
He said he loved her, he said it with feeling. To prove it to her, he took her snowmobiling.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #256 on: December 06, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »
Just got a new Cabella's print ad in the mail today, it shows the Blackstone oven will be on sale December 12-18 for $299.99. I am in Minnesota but it lists the website so one should be able to order it online on the 12th. It says "Sale prices good Dec. 12-18". Never seen it that low!

Snowman,

I posted on the Blackstone thread at Reply 3148 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,25127.msg290950.html#msg290950 that the Blackstone was on sale for 359.99 at Cabelas. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Blackstone-Outdoor-Patio-Oven/1611435.uts  Where do you see the Blackstone is available for 299.00?  Is that because of the print ad you received?  Maybe you want to post on the original Blackstone thread about what you posted here so more members might see it. 

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
Snowman,

Is that because of the print ad you received?  Maybe you want to post on the original Blackstone thread about what you posted here so more members might see it. 

Norma
+1....I can't find that print ad Snowman.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline sledmaster

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2013, 05:25:31 PM »
Like I said, I Just got a new Cabella's print ad in the mail with the local Friday newspaper. It shows the Blackstone oven will be on sale December 12-18 for $299.99. Sale prices good Dec. 12-18. I have the print ad right here in front of me, I am looking at it right now. If it says sale prices good Dec. 12-18 I would assume that means it will not show that price on their website until the 12th, as it does not say anything about in-store only or anything like closeout only. It says "For these great deals and more shop Cabelas.com" so come the 12th the price should show up on their website. It shows a picture of the oven, was $449.99, item number 03690227 Blackstone Outdoor Patio oven just like the one I have and love. Seriously!
He said he loved her, he said it with feeling. To prove it to her, he took her snowmobiling.

Offline xsosx

« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »
Like I said, I Just got a new Cabella's print ad in the mail with the local Friday newspaper. It shows the Blackstone oven will be on sale December 12-18 for $299.99. Sale prices good Dec. 12-18. I have the print ad right here in front of me, I am looking at it right now. If it says sale prices good Dec. 12-18 I would assume that means it will not show that price on their website until the 12th, as it does not say anything about in-store only or anything like closeout only. It says "For these great deals and more shop Cabelas.com" so come the 12th the price should show up on their website. It shows a picture of the oven, was $449.99, item number 03690227 Blackstone Outdoor Patio oven just like the one I have and love. Seriously!

The flyer prices are reflected on the website. You can view the current weekly flyer, good December 5 to 11, by looking up individual stores to confirm this.

The free shipping promo was recently extended to December 18 and it does work with the Blackstone, however, I believe everyone will be charged a large item fee which is $18.00 bringing the total to $317.99. After Fatwallet 4% cash back and Discovery Card 5% cash back, the full price will be a little under $290.00 for me. Thank you for the heads up and I hope I can get this deal! ;D