Here are the results of my coal inspired pizza made from three day dough. First a couple of photos of the dough as it came out of the ice chest around 8pm this evening. It had spent all day in the ice chest with an ice pack at temps around 55F. The dough developed very well over three days. This was a 65% hydration dough using All Trumps (non-bromated). I had added a bit of rye flour and some wheat germ (a la Nancy Silverton) so you can see some small speckles of wheat germ in the dough balls. The dough was very extensible, and the gluten seemed well developed. I had tons of small bubbles on the crust, as you can see below.
Next, the pizzas:
2. Tomato sauce, pistachio, red onion olive oil (what can I say; I'm in a rut!)
4. Pesto Frankenpizza (launching issue)
The cheese was the first and I don't think the oven was at optimal heat. Still, it came out fairly well. The second pizza (pistachio) cooked better and I got more of the coal fired look that I was seeking. This one took just about 4 minutes. I could not stop eating it and had to be pulled away and back to my prep station. The pepperoni was stellar, and also took about 4 minutes. The problem with the pesto was that the dough had warmed up quite a bit and was even more stretchable than it was at the outset. I stretched it very thin and then tried to apply pesto mixed with some schmaltz (chicken fat) and demi glace (drippings left over from a chicken on the Farberware rotisserie (a great gadget, BTW)). I got a bit over-ambitious with the toppings in light of the warming dough, and it just folded over itself as I put it on the Blackstone. Howver, the pizza/calzone was actually super delicious, so I got over my initial rage about the bad launch.
All in all I think I made good progess toward the coal inspired pizza. Not quite at pt levels yet, but I'm working on it. The All Trumps flour is really nice flour; very happy with it.