Author Topic: Sloan Stainless Natural Gas Pizza Oven - Unboxing Review  (Read 506 times)

Offline krudawg

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Sloan Stainless Natural Gas Pizza Oven - Unboxing Review
« on: July 08, 2016, 08:09:01 PM »
This is Part 1 of my review of my new Sloan Stainless Steel Gas Pizza Oven.  Today I will speak to the unboxing.  The Pizza Oven was ordered directly from Sloan.  I also ordered the "Pro Pizza Tools" for $300.  It took about 3 weeks to arrive at my door step or should I say, garage floor.  The shipper was kind enough to deliver the pallet into my garage.  Shipping charges, which included the very heavy-duty custom-built shipping crate, came to an additional $350 to my home in Arizona. 
The "Pro Pizza Tools" were inside a cardboard box along with very well pack pizza parts; knobs, glass for doors etc.  None appeared damaged but I have not completed unwrapping each individual piece. 
At first glance, the workmanship is spot on and fit and finish is very good.

Offline krudawg

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Sloan Stainless Natural Gas Pizza Oven - Unboxing Review
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 08:31:42 PM »
RE:  Sloan Stainless Pizza Oven "Un-boxing"    Here are the Photo's I took of the un-boxing.  Part 2 and Part 3 to follow

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 09:11:18 PM »
I will be interested in seeing your reports.  The stove looks pretty interesting, but I have to concede, I got sticker shock on the pricing on the tools

Offline krudawg

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 10:23:56 PM »
Yep, me too but if you go to Sloan's site you will see that it is a very nice set - Aluminum Pizza Peel with a long handle (I felt that alone will come in handy because of the 800 degrees (plus ) the Oven produces.  Also included a Dough proofing box (not a big deal but nice to have) and a long-handled brass brush to clean the pizza cooking stone.  Total price delivered was $5900; Expensive yes but cheaper than the Kalamazoo Stainless oven that was listed at $6800. I did not consider any of the WFO's mainly because wood burning is not allowed in my HOA.

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 08:08:19 AM »
Just to be clear,  I wasn't critiquing the price of the oven, I am not into the idea of storing wood, and starting a fire each time I want a pizza, it is just the tools price  that set me back.  The pizza screen and scraper are pretty inexpensive, I have never priced a long handled peel.  Anyway, I have spent what many would be an insane amount on other tools, so I understand your choice.

Offline krudawg

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 05:13:49 PM »
No offense taken.  I actually agree it was a little pricey but it's a lot nicer than the old stuff I have been using for years cooking pizza's on a stone in the kitchen oven.  I have the oven completely uncrated now and moved to my backyard patio.  After my BBQ Island is complete by the end of next week, I'll set the oven on the island and fire it up for pizza time.  Reviews to follow.  :chef:

Offline MLWilcox

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 08:27:17 AM »
Very anxiously awaiting your review.  My mountain house will be done in October and I want a pizza oven up there.  I keep wanting an all gas oven.  Curious as to the quality of pizza that can come out of the Sloan. When I look at the Sloan and Kalamazoo owner's manual - they look to have identical lower and upper burner units.  Kalamazoo gets great online reviews but there are no reviews of Sloan anywhere (too new?).  You will be it.

I am going to be near the Sloan offices in South Carolina near the end of September.  I plan to make an appointment to check out the oven in person. 

Offline MLWilcox

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 08:30:44 AM »
Also want to add that I keep trying to justify a Kalamazoo or Sloan purchase.  They are as much or more as a Wolf stove.  Which is just crazy.