Author Topic: Allegro by Escalon  (Read 826 times)

Offline TomN

Allegro by Escalon
« on: July 24, 2013, 03:43:48 AM »
Opened a can of Allegro Pizza sauce by Escalon. I topped the pizza with Escalon Pizza Sauce, Whole Milk Mozzarella, Mushrooms, Green peppers, and Pepperoni.  I have to say that I really enjoyed this pizza sauce and so did others that tried the pizza.  This is the same company that makes 6 in 1 ground tomatoes that many of you use on your Pizza. I just wanted to say that it is worth buying and trying.  The nice thing about Allegro, is that you do not have to add anything to it. Just use it right our of the can.

TomN

http://www.escalon.net/products.aspx
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:45:58 AM by TomN »

Offline TomN

Re: Allegro by Escalon
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 03:44:31 AM »
I store the rest in a larger container.

TomN

Offline pt

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 11:44:40 PM »
Nice looking pie Tom. Did you freeze the extra sauce?

Offline TomN

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:09:12 PM »
No, I keep it in that container for about two weeks. I seem to go through the sauce at my house. During the summer, i am often invited to many parties, wine tastings,  and get togethers.  People often count on that I will bring a few pizzas with me. LOL

Also, I don't claim to be a dough expert, but I am really happy with the dough that i make. Others really like it as well. I am very thankful for pizzamaking.com and many pizzeria friends.

My Dough Recipe:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,17415.msg245184.html#msg245184
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:12:34 PM by TomN »

Offline pt

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:20:48 AM »
I remember reading that thread last year and I really enjoyed reading about all of the different beers you used. Some of my best breads have been made with beer.

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 11:25:44 AM »
Tom, I know you also like Stanislaus' Pizzaioli sauce, how do the two compare. I knew about Allegro, but never find it around in the places I buy from?

Offline TomN

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 01:08:13 PM »
Hi dmcavanagh,

I think Allegro has a good flavor that people like and I know of one Pizzeria that uses it too. That is where purchased a can of it to try at home.

However, My first choice is Pizzaiolo. It has such a good flavor.  Also, I know many pizzerias that use it straight out of the can, while others use it as a base sauce and add other tomatoes/sauces, etc...

TomN
PS
I use it straight out of the can as well.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:12:18 PM by TomN »

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 02:05:37 PM »
I know of a place that uses another one of Escalon's sauces called Bonta, they make a tasty pizza so that's another you might want to be on the lookout for.

Offline dmcavanagh

Offline TomN

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 04:32:35 PM »
I have tried Bonta', Bella Rossa, 6 in 1, and of course Allegro Pizza sauce, all from Escalon. If I had to pick one of them to use, I would probably lean towards the 6 in 1 and add a few ingredients. What ever I had left over, i would make a pot of chilli with the 6 in 1. Great Product!!!

pizzapan