Author Topic: 2Stone Up and Running  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
Re: 2Stone Up and Running
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »
And...he included a coupon for these for party events for 5 years or 100,000 pies, whichever is more.    So, I think it was pretty good deal.  But the bad part was that my wife confiscated the coupon.  :'(

You made my day with that pic!

Certainly I will be speaking with Willard to see why I didn't get the St.Pauli girl(s) option on mine!

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 03:40:18 PM »
Good humor on those posts Chuck.  Thanks for sharing.
Dave

Offline bbqchuck

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »
2nd run with the 2Stone.  I preheated on a medium flame with the burner forward (most under the deck stone) to a 720 ish deck stone and dome.   Dough was the Pete-zza/Lehman Emergency NY, 407 reply, Octoberfest Sam Adams sub'd for the water.  I made the dough at 7:30 pm  lastnight, figured out I wasn't going to use it by 9 pm and put it in a cold fridge until just before making a pie at 2 pm today.   Toppings are EVOO on the dough to protect it from going soggy, Classico pizza sauce on one half, Angelo & Franco whole milk mozz, Bel Giosio mozz, Bel Giosio provolone, Coast English Cheddar, Margherita pepperoni, basil

I didn't time it, but I'd guess about 2 - 2 1/2 minutes bake time.  I blasted the burner full and the most dome flame right after launch to get good oven spring.  About 10-15 secs of that and I pulled the burner under the deck as far as it would go and lowered the flame to a med-low.  I was looking for some bottom browning.  It seem to work out.  It came out very NY like leathery on the bottom, a little crunch on the bottom of the cornice, and a nice puffed cornice.  The dough flavor was outstanding with the beer maltyness. 

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »
Chuck, that top shot is outstanding!!!!!!!!!

Yay 2Stone ;D

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline bbqchuck

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 10:14:05 PM »
Thanks Mark.

I'm liking Willard's design of the burner slider.