The shape is unique...and a bit unintentional. I tried the stretching/shaping method from the Robert Caporuscio video, which is different from what I've always done. I need a bit of work on that method to get a more conventional shape. I basically used Craig's recipe at 60% hydration, though I dissolved the salt in separate water from the yeast out of concern for the salt undermining some of the yeast's viability. I did the bulk ferment for 24 hours in a temp monitored cooler that I kept between 66-67 degrees. The 270 g balls fermented for aout 18 hours, and I let it warm for the last several to around 68 and eventually to 70.
100% Caputo 00 (red bag from Central Market)
The oven is a fairly old, fairly basic GE. I put the rack on the top shelf with a stone on it and refractory bricks lining the sides of the stone and blocking off the thermometer. It basically makes a box. I heat on broil for about 30-40 min, at which point, it maxes out with the stone in the 600-700 degree range and the bricks about 20 degrees higher. I then switch to cleaning cycle for about 20-30 min, which takes the stone up to 800, the bricks a little higher, and when the top element is on during the cycle (it switches between the top and bottom element) the top reads 1000+ on my infrared. I didn't do anything to the lock to be able to use cleaning cycle because it is purely mechanical (no sensors to know if the door is open or shut). All you have to do with this type of lock is slide it over with the door open and press a bit of resistance to make it think it has locked into the door. This was actually my first pie with this cleaning cycle trick figured out.