Author Topic: educating customers  (Read 727 times)

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: educating customers
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 05:53:00 PM »
Nice website. Could use a few more pizza pics though  ;D

The number of pictures of salad is tied with pizza in the gallery  :-D

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 06:15:18 PM »
Still beats all the joints that won`t post pic one.  ;D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline kdefay

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 04:14:59 AM »
* Many Pizza shops have TVs displayed for customers to watch as they wait for their food to be prepared. Use that to play your youtube video explaining what Neapolitan style pizza is all about.

I do something similar to this in my shop.  We have a customer base who know next to nothing about pizza.  We have a SmartTV on the wall playing a youtube playlist that I set up.  All of the videos are related to either NY Pizza or Neapolitan pizza making.  They need to be taught what real pizza is because the only thing most of them know about pizza comes from this place:

https://www.pizza.co.th/en/

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 10:09:22 AM »
I do something similar to this in my shop.  We have a customer base who know next to nothing about pizza.  We have a SmartTV on the wall playing a youtube playlist that I set up.  All of the videos are related to either NY Pizza or Neapolitan pizza making.  They need to be taught what real pizza is because the only thing most of them know about pizza comes from this place:

Not one single bug on their pizza Kirk....what gives?  ;D

Offline kdefay

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 10:47:52 AM »
Not one single bug on their pizza Kirk....what gives?  ;D

But they do have cheese-filled hot dog wrapped up in their crust...

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 03:01:32 PM »

That ham and mushroom spaghetti looks incredible lol

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
That ham and mushroom spaghetti looks incredible lol
Yep  :o      Don`t let Johnny The Gent see that!  ;D

Wonder why they didn`t manage to screw up the Tossed Salad?   :(

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 05:46:15 PM »
I'll take the one with the bacon, please  ;D
Pizza is not bread.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »
Thank you for your order sir....that will be four thousand six hundred twenty nine Bahts please.  :pizza:

Offline kdefay

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 09:27:43 PM »
This company formed out of the remnants of Pizza Hut Thailand.  The owners had the license for Pizza Hut franchises throughout the country.  For some reason,  about 15 years ago there was a contract dispute with Pizza Hut Intl. and almost overnight they re-branded with essentially the same product. 

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 09:43:20 PM »
This company formed out of the remnants of Pizza Hut Thailand.  The owners had the license for Pizza Hut franchises throughout the country.  For some reason,  about 15 years ago there was a contract dispute with Pizza Hut Intl. and almost overnight they re-branded with essentially the same product.
It`s a whacky world....Pizzaland included.  8)

Offline kdefay

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 09:56:48 PM »
Anyway...To get back on topic. 

I think the TV method is a very effective marketing tool.  We don't play the sound from the videos because we have music playing in the shop.  They are just playing on the TV, and a surprising number of customers become quite engaged by it.  They really had no idea what real pizza is, so this is very educational for them. 

I'm not such a fan of things that require people to read.  People don't like to do that.  If it's longer than 147 characters, they get distracted. 

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 10:02:24 PM »

I think the TV method is a very effective marketing tool.  We don't play the sound from the videos because we have music playing in the shop.  They are just playing on the TV, and a surprising number of customers become quite engaged by it.  They really had no idea what real pizza is, so this is very educational for them. 

I'm not such a fan of things that require people to read.  People don't like to do that.  If it's longer than 147 characters, they get distracted.
Very smart move playing the vids without sound but still having music in the background....people like that.  ;)

Offline petef

« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 01:33:42 AM »

I'm usually bored stiff when I'm in my local pizza shop waiting typically 15 to 20 minutes for my order. There's usually a TV on display with something I have no interest in. I read the menu but that's 5 minutes or less, and I usually don't have my reading glasses with me. Pizza videos wouild be a great alternative. Did you ever think of making your own videos showing the varieties of food you serve?  That would be very cool!

The dumbest thing I see over and over again in pizza shops or restaurants that cater to customers who wait for their orders is the TV is set for programming that's more suitable for the employees than the customers. Programs like sports games, or movies that require you watch the entire show. The TV is for the customer, not the employees! It's purpose shouild be to make the customer's wait time more pleasant.  That's why I think you are wise to play short videos that not only educate the customers, but also entertain them. Good show!  ---pete---
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:36:36 AM by petef »

Offline kdefay

« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 01:50:03 AM »
Did you ever think of making your own videos showing the varieties of food you serve?  That would be very cool!

We have talked about doing just that very thing recently.  We just put the TV up a few weeks ago, so when I find time I intend to make some short videos about our shop, food, whatever, and intersperse them into the youtube playlist so that it can do more focused marketing for us. 

We don't play the pizza playlist every day.  We play it on our higher volume days.  It would get boring very quickly if it was the only thing we had.  I've got other playlists made as well, but they are all intended to be entertaining and engaging for the customer.  I want to have control of what's on the TV and not rely on whatever some cable channel is broadcasting. 

Offline petef

« Reply #35 on: Today at 01:13:41 AM »
We have talked about doing just that very thing recently.  We just put the TV up a few weeks ago, so when I find time I intend to make some short videos about our shop, food, whatever, and intersperse them into the youtube playlist so that it can do more focused marketing for us. 

We don't play the pizza playlist every day.  We play it on our higher volume days.  It would get boring very quickly if it was the only thing we had.  I've got other playlists made as well, but they are all intended to be entertaining and engaging for the customer.  I want to have control of what's on the TV and not rely on whatever some cable channel is broadcasting.

You are very wise man! Very wise man!
Once you make it, I'd like to see your video.

---pete---