Author Topic: Tom Lehmann's Dough Management Procedure  (Read 2539 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Tom Lehmann's Dough Management Procedure
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2016, 07:03:14 PM »
Norma;
I'm wondering if those plastic forms are just a form into which the dough balls are placed to allow the dough to be rolled to a uniform thickness, the form would then be removed and the flattened dough pieces placed into the pan cups? You can achieve the same thing by running the dough balls through a sheeter twice with a 90 degree turn between each pass, or make a couple of gauge strips out of wood or aluminum, lay on either side of several dough balls and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to the desired thickness (which is determined by the thickness of the gauge strips).

Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Tom,

I didn't think about those plastic forms being just a form into which the dough balls are place to be rolled to a uniform thickness.  That makes sense to me.  Your ideas are great for what I can try. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2016, 08:18:58 AM »
Tom and Peter,

I received the “double decker” hamburger pan from R.T. Bundy & Assoc. yesterday   It is sure is one big heavy bugger and built well.   I never saw a pan that was built so well.  :o I wonder how I should go about cutting it.  It will be too big for the freezer at market.  I also wonder if there is any advise on something that can cut bigger than 4” round circles and what size would either of you prefer?

Norma

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2016, 01:41:52 PM »
Norma;
I cut mine in half using a metal cutting band saw but you could probably do it as well using a hand held grinder and a cut-off wheel. Depending upon how good the person doing the cutting is you might lose a row of cups as we did.
For something larger in diameter you might look at the Whopper pans but the cups will not be as deep as athe 3-D pans that you have. You can also find round cake pans down to just about any diameter you want. I used to have them in 5", 6", 7" and 8" diameters, they'll be about 1" deep.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2016, 09:16:46 PM »
Norma;
I cut mine in half using a metal cutting band saw but you could probably do it as well using a hand held grinder and a cut-off wheel. Depending upon how good the person doing the cutting is you might lose a row of cups as we did.
For something larger in diameter you might look at the Whopper pans but the cups will not be as deep as athe 3-D pans that you have. You can also find round cake pans down to just about any diameter you want. I used to have them in 5", 6", 7" and 8" diameters, they'll be about 1" deep.

Tom,

Thanks for telling me how you cut your pans.  I am not that good with tools like you mentioned.  I will have to see if someone else can cut the pan. 

For right now, after the pan is cut, I will just play around with it.  I don't even know if the idea of a Bo Pizza will work.  I really don't think I want to try and make a pan pizza larger in diameter.  I use the smaller chest freezer at market for other frozen dough balls, frozen pepperoni and any leftover sauce from a Tuesday.  Some grated cheese also are store in the chest freezer.

Norma