Author Topic: Australian MWFO maker false advertising.  (Read 66 times)

Offline ErinM

• I Love Pizza!
Australian MWFO maker false advertising.
« on: Yesterday at 07:11:17 PM »
I am in the market for a MWFO here in Australia. There is an ad on australian ebay for an oven trailer, or rather the services to build oven trailers. The photo got my attention big time because it looked high quality and the 'P' on the front of the oven meant Pavesi and I was very impressed with that. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271435981821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I wrote to them and asked about them using Pavesi ovens and he said they didn't. They use 'Murex Forno'... ? So I did some google image search and found this forum link which if you scroll down has, it seems, that exact trailer and says it is made by Peter Dijong from Fired Up Kitchens in the States.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176806

I might report them. But first I'm giving them a subtle warning. I wrote back stating I knew that wasn't a photo of their work and that I knew whose work it was and could they please use a photo of their actual trailers so I have a better idea what I'd be buying if I bought from them.

Stuff like that grates me the wrong way IMMENSELY. But I also believe in second chances. So we'll see what happens. (On the other hand, why is it my right to decide this? If I were Peter Dijong I'd want it down immediately... Hmmm... I'll do something by the end of the day)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Australian MWFO maker false advertising.
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 11:00:32 PM »
Wait a minute here... I thought if you put it on the internet it has to be true???

Caveat emptor.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Australian MWFO maker false advertising.
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:38:53 PM »
That oven was built by peter Dejong! sold to Jed Thomas in Florida. I actually saw it being built here in NY!  had permitt problems and sold it to his friend  Mark Dym who owns Marcos coal fired in Denver Total Plagiarism !! Jed went into the BBQ  smoker business thats the link you found I will show this to Peter !
John
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:45:41 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com