Author Topic: My Neapolitan to Me!  (Read 697 times)

Online Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
My Neapolitan to Me!
« on: August 02, 2013, 01:53:43 PM »
I really wish I had things a bit more organized for my first post on this style pie. But things have been so busy and moving so fast, Its easier for me to just splash out all Ive been up to for the last week or so since I started making pizza of this type on my BS. The first pic is my 3rd pie shaping and my first pie baking ever, the two before that stuck to the peel and ended up as pizza goop on the innards of my BS >:( >:( and on the concrete >:(. (dog was happy though) The last is my most current pie as of yesterday, and is #14, which makes 4 unsuccessful and 10 somewhat successful pies to date. The first few were using KAAP with an overnight poolish, the next few were with a 2 day cold ferment using GM NPLT, and the last few have been 50/50 GM/Harvest King Unbromated wish a poolish, and a 2 and 3 day cold ferment. Topping have ranged from baby basil, different sausages, chopped vermont pep to hormel, galbani mozz to store made mozz, san marzano to store brand crushed, different olive oils, and the last few having the addition of Aleppo (thanks dhorst! yum!). Just picked up my all trumps unbromated yesterday, which makes for 3 50pnd bags of flour (GM/KH/AT) sitting in my kitchen ready for experimentation. Picking up a new fridge today hopefully for storing dough boxes in the future and other things. Anyways, here are the pics of a few of them! (sorry for the horrible pics)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:58:27 PM by Markus M. »

Online Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
Re: My Neapolitan to Me!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:57:19 PM »
the rest

Offline dhorst

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »
Lookin' good!  I'm glad you like the Aleppo, lord knows I can't live without the stuff! :-D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 03:27:32 PM »
Good going there Markus....they are shaping up quickly man.  :pizza:
Sounds like you have plenty of staples there to keep the BS busy for quite a while!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 04:56:58 PM »
Markus you remind me of.....me when I first started.   :-D  Nice job!  Keep up the experimentation. 

Chau

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 05:30:59 PM »
Markus you remind me of.....me when I first started.   :-D  Nice job!  Keep up the experimentation. 

Chau
Yep, that guy is all over the map....you rock Markus!  :)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan