Author Topic: little by little  (Read 1229 times)

Offline vincentoc13

little by little
« on: July 28, 2013, 11:01:17 PM »
Got the All Trumps in this week and used it for the first time, I'm still a newbie, but finale making a little progress (very little) can't wait to try it again.

Just a quick question, the crust looks as though it has uncooked flour around it, any ideas what could cause this look?

Thanks,

Vince

Offline Polo1523

Re: little by little
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 01:22:39 AM »
Very nice looks yummy
Regards Leo.

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 01:49:10 AM »
Once u press out the rim of the crust slap it on your forearms to remove excess flour and you won't get that white crust.

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 07:49:29 PM »
Polo, thanks for the complement its because of you I tried the All Trumps, your pies look so good I had to try it out.

Nate, thanks for the advice I will try the dough slap, I know exactly which technique you are referring to just never tried it.

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 11:48:45 PM »
Hey vince thank you for giving me credit,  just keep making pies and you will definitely get better day by day i consider myself a starter but thanks for thr compliments,  btw i tried same recipe but with 61% hydration you should try it,  dough felt so good.
Regards Leo.

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 08:15:25 AM »
All trumps is a magical dough.
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline pt

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 08:40:26 AM »
The king of New York.

Offline JHutchins

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 09:50:03 AM »
Looks really good!

Is this using Polo1523's recipe (http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,26305.msg265534.html#msg265534) with a two day cold ferment? How long was it cooked and at what temp?

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »
Jhutchins thanks, Polo was the reason I tried the All Trumps but, the recipe was from Ev's Neo-N.Y. Pies http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,23878.msg242457.html#msg242457

it was a three day cold ferment in my fridge cooked in the WFO with a small fire on the side at 640 for 4mins.

Yeah I think I'm gonna be on the All Trumps for awhile, I have the bromated, I'm just wondering how the non bromated will do?

sorry it the address doesn't work its my first time trying to paste it.

Vince

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 10:28:23 PM »
I just bought a bag of All Trumps non-bromated and I love it. I've never used All Trumps bromated so I don't have any frame of reference,  but I've used a lot of different flours and I can say that all Trumps is one of the best flours I've used. I have made three batches of dough with it. All three came out great. 

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 10:52:40 PM »
tinroof, that's great to hear I definitely want to give it a try.  If you don't mind me asking where did you buy the All Trumps?  Next time I buy it I'm gonna have to find a better deal, it was a little expensive for the shipping.

Vince

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 11:11:25 PM »
tinroof, that's great to hear I definitely want to give it a try.  If you don't mind me asking where did you buy the All Trumps?  Next time I buy it I'm gonna have to find a better deal, it was a little expensive for the shipping.

Vince

I'm pretty sure they have it at Restaurant Depot (they do at our MN one anyway) f you or someone you know has access to one. There is one in Anaheim that's not tooo far from you. And as far as your 'little by little' goes, you have a pretty damned good start by the looks of your picks!!

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 11:30:16 PM »
$16 a bag at Restaurant Depot.  Let me know, I can get you a bag and you can pick it up from me.  Send me a PM. 

Marlon

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 11:38:19 PM »
$16 a bag at Restaurant Depot.  Let me know, I can get you a bag and you can pick it up from me.  Send me a PM. 

Marlon

That's where I got it too. The price is almost unbelievably low when you think about how much there is in a 50# bag and what it must cost to manufacture, bag, ship, etc. A really great deal, especially when you consider that a 5 lb. bag of Gold Medal flour probably costs around $5-6 in the grocery store.

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 01:48:52 AM »
That's where I got it too. The price is almost unbelievably low when you think about how much there is in a 50# bag and what it must cost to manufacture, bag, ship, etc. A really great deal, especially when you consider that a 5 lb. bag of Gold Medal flour probably costs around $5-6 in the grocery store.

I wish RD would already carry the GM Neapolitan Flour.  At least I already got my sample bag today from GM so I should be able to test this flour very soon.  :pizza:

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 07:42:58 PM »
Jon,  thanks for the info, and a big thanks for the compliment on the pics!!  can't wait to get try out some more of the All Trumps.

Marlon,  thank you so much for the offer, I will definitely want to get some from you before my current supply runs out.                  I though I was going to have to stand out in front of the store and beg someone to pick me up some :-D  is that legal

Offline vitus

• Mmmm... Pizza...
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 08:42:39 AM »
Very nice pie!  :pizza:

I am interested in the flour issue. First of all I actually like it when there is a little bit of dry flour on the crust. But I know that some people prefer a smooth crust or even an oily crust. It's a matter of taste.
But second of all I agree that there shouldn't be too much flour left, so I want to hear more about the forearm slap. Can you explain how you do it? (sorry I'm a bit slow)

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »
Vitus,

Check out Bubbas video it shows the forearm slap

Vince.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »
Vitus,